DAY 1 - Morning

Cyan2 woke up with a jolt at the feeling of being poked in the side. "Hey Cy, first day on job. Wake up," a familiar voice urged. Cyan2 sat up on her bed with a grunt and opened her eyes for the first time in 80 years.

In the year 2020 a dangerous virus spread across Earth. 13 fully trained astronauts were chosen and sent to TOI 700 d, a habitable planet with similar qualities to Earth and bring back multiple samples of its flora and fauna. They had successfully gathered what they needed and had undergone torpor sleep to preserve their lives on the way back to their home planet. Today they have woken up to an automatic schedule in which the ship will take 7 days to arrive back to Earth. This is needed to prepare and fix things around the ship to prepare for their return to Earth's atmosphere. They will also need to both physically and mentally ready themselves for what's to come.

Cyan2's twin sibling stood next to her bed patiently. "You might need a bit of time to get orientated again. Most crewmates have already woken up and Orange is making breakfast."

Cyan2 blinked then looked around. All the beds in MedBay had their blankets neatly tucked in and cleaned except for hers. "I'm the last one to wake up!" she laughed.

"Yeah, now get off your butt." Cyan1 pulled off the electrodes stuck to her sister and pulled her up. Cyan2 reached down under her bed and put on her signature snow goggles. "Ready for action Cyan!" Cyan2 exclaimed as she stood up and put her hand on her head in a classic soldier pose. "You better be Cyan!" Cyan1 replied as she walked out of Medbay, the sprout on her helmet bounced up and down. 

The two siblings walked into the cafeteria drooling. "Orange at it again with those pancakes!" Cyan2 cheered.

Orange laughed and continued to pass out plates with pancakes across the main table. "Morning Cyans," Lime greeted with a tip of her many top hats. Cyan2 nodded with a cheery smile and sat down. *MUNCH MONCH MUNCH MONCH*

Everyone looked across the table to Red and Black swiftly and loudly munching down their pancakes. Red froze mid-bite. "What?" she asked.

"You don't have to eat them like it's the end of the world!" Purple pointed out.

"What if the world is ending?" Black asked innocently.

Everyone laughed nervously.

"No." Purple smiled.

"Sooo... First day guys! Let's get this ship and specimens ready for Earth!" Cyan2 exclaimed enthusiastically after a bite of her fluffy pancake.

"Yup!" Green agreed, also joyfully chowing down on her pancakes.

"Yellow, how have you already eaten all your pancakes?" White asked, amazed.

"Are we gonna talk about how the ingredients for these pancakes haven't expired after 80 years or..." Pink asked.

"That is a good question," Orange nodded.

"Shut up, you're making me concerned about what I'm consuming!" Cyan1 pushed her plate away nervously.

Everyone laughed but didn't think about it as deeply as Pink and Cyan1.

***

Once everyone had finished eating they all parted in different directions to do their tasks. Some in pairs and small groups, but Cyan2 headed off by herself to fix some wires in navigation. She waved to Brown and Cyan1 who were in O2 as she passed. Shortly after closely approaching the corner to navigation she swore she heard some form of loud metal noise as if a door was closing or someone dropped something. She quickly turned the corner and froze.

There was blood. Blood everywhere. And Yellow was lying on the ground in front of navigation unmoving. "Yellow?" she called, unsure. Cyan2 crouched down and gently shook the dead body, "Yellow?!" She took deep breaths of panic as her heart beat out of her chest. "YELLOW!!!" She screamed.

Brown and Cyan1 ran into the corridor to Navigation. "Cyan? What's wrong-" her sister froze.

"Oh my goodness," Brown said in shock.

More footsteps neared and soon everyone crewmate crowded in the corridor to see what had happened. Pink was the first to push past the crowd to Yellow's dead body. Cyan1 and Cyan2 both moved a bit into navigation as the older sibling by one day, Cyan1, tried to comfort her younger twin sister.

Pink checked Yellow's pulse just to reaffirm if what they were all seeing was true. "Yellow's dead."

Orange gasped and started crying. White moved over to pat her on the back, comforting her. Green also moved over and gave Orange a hug in silence. Lime took off her many top hats in respect and sadness.

"How...?" Red asked in horror.

"Somebody killed her," Pink indicated to the wound. "They're made by humans."

"That's impossible! We were all trained for years to be both physically and mentally healthy" Purple said. 

"That is true..." Pink thought.

"What if there's an imposter among us?" Black asked.

Everyone grew silent.

"No no no," Red told herself as she walked out.

"Hey! You can't just leave!" Lime called.

"Let's have a meeting in the Cafeteria," Cyan1 concluded, as Cyan2 had finally calmed down.

"What about the body-"

"I've got it covered," Brown reassured calmly as he began to clean the blood off the walls with his sanitary pack.

Cyan1 nodded solemnly and started heading to the Cafeteria with the rest of her crewmates.