Chapter 2

5 Days Later...

     "Miss Dawn? Your friend Serena is ringing you about shopping for back-to-school outfits!" called the maid from the door. Just like Serena, waking me up this early, Dawn thought bitterly, tossing around in her bed.
     "Freesia, what time is it?" she moaned back helplessly, squinting her eyes and staring at the still-violet fall morning sky.
     "Six o'clock," she responded seriously. Dawn wailed and buried her face in her soft, satin pillow.
     "Tell Sere that it's way to early to go on a shopping spree!" she groaned, her voice muffled.
     "She said that Louis Vuitton and Chanel have a... sale," Freesia's voice trailed off hesitantly. Dawn propped herself up and glared at a priceless painting of a woman across the wall.
     "Designer brands never have sales! Is this her way of getting back at me for my 'expensive coffee' comment?" she shouted.
     "I believe so, Miss," With newly found fury, she leapt out of bed and pulled on a pair of skinny jeans, an Alice + Olivia taupe blouse, and a pair of 4.5 inched Miumiu wedges that were much more comfortable than her usual stilettos. Dawn tamed her hair into a ponytail and burrowed into her walk-in closet, emerging with a brightly coloured Hermés Kelly. She slipped on a belted black Gucci trench coat which she'd purchased in France and clipped the belt together. She gave her bed a pat and trudged out the mahogany door.

     "Miss Dawn!" Freesia's lips twitched, as though she was holding back a laugh of amusement at the idea of her mistress waking up at the early hour. "Wasn't it your mother who said waking up early was for chavs?" The servant was American, and Dawn loved hearing her accent. Maybe the newcomers from the States would be cute, with their adorable twangs and hopefully good looks. With that thought, her mind drifted to Paul. Freesia backed away at her stony face and slid the next door open for her. Dawn scarfed down the omelette sitting on the table at an alarming pace,  eating it in under five minutes. Hobbes, the butler, looked horrified.

     "We've arrived at the Westfield Stratford City Shopping Centre, Miss Dawn," came the baritone of the limo driver. She shook out of her daze and spotted Serena. The blonde's long locks were swept into an impeccable bun, but her attire was much like Dawn's. Her top was ruffled and white and V-Neck. She had on tight black trousers and two-inch Pradas, and her own Birkin Hermés bag dangled on her arm.
     "Thank you, sir," she flashed Leo a polite smile and hopped out the door. Serena eyed her outfit.
     "Cute shoes," she complimented. Dawn grinned.
     "Where's May?"
     "Little brother drama," groaned the teen in response. A neon taxi skidded to a stop in front of them and a harried-looking May jumped out with a flying leap and landed unsteadily on her black, patterned Dior slingbacks.

She wore a grosgrain Dolce & Gabbana lace bustier top and a pair of dark Balenciaga stretch-crepe pants, which resembled Serena's. Instead of a bag, her left arm was adorned with a diamond-paved Cartier Love bracelet, which was pretty iconic. 
     "Am I late?" she panted. Dawn cringed at her tousled brunette hair.
     "No, but was it Max again?" Serena pouted, digging inside her two-toned Burkin and grabbing a wooden hairbrush. As she snagged the comb through May's hair, Dawn handed her some L'Oréal blush.
     "Yep," she replied breathlessly. "He wanted to come too, but Mum said I deserved a break from kid-sitting," The bluenette who was her best friend looked at her.
     "You do deserve a break. Your dad's the founder of a super-successful shipping brand! Can't he just hire someone?" Dawn asked, widening her eyes.
     "Norman wants you to get close to Max, right?" Serena said, pulling her brush back into her bag and studying May's smooth chestnut hair.
     "Yeah," she responded.
     "Your little brother didn't impact your taste at all. You look smashing," Dawn said admiringly. May blushed and shook her head modestly.

All three girls were exceptionally beautiful and looked good in anything they wore, but all in different ways. May was the curviest, and all her clothes hugged all the right places. Serena had a slim, willowy frame, and looked best in a top and pants. Dawn, however, had a flattering hourglass figure and a flat stomach, which made her good-looking in anything. However, if she wore a dress, like if May did, the latter would look better. If she decided to don a set, Serena would be the one to make boys gape. Her loyal friends always told her what she'd observed was rubbish, though.
     "I nicked the shoes from Mum. She always told me I'm a bigfoot," crowed May, trying to look guilty but failing.
     "Caroline won't mind," Dawn and Serena said in unison, giggling. Serena slid into the middle and hooked her arms around her friends.
     "Let's get this party started, shall we?"

This chapter got to nowhere, but I hoped you enjoyed it!