Chapter 4

It was late at night on Sunday and Dawn was ready to clamber into her bed when her phone rang. Frowning, she slid her fingers expertly over the screen and accepted the call. A familiar, friendly voice came through.
     "Dawn!" Headmaster Garcia greeted. She did a double-take and fumbled to upright her phone.
     "Headmaster! It's wonderful to, er, hear you again!" she replied cheerily. "Is there anything you needed to call me for? A favour?"
     "Do I need an excuse to ring my favourite student again? But yes, there is a reason,"
     "And what is that?" Dawn inquired.
     "Do you know about the students from the United States?" he asked.
     "Why, yes sir! My friend Serena wouldn't shut up about them!" she giggled lightly and wondered if using such informal words was fine with him. Apparently, it was. He roared heartily with laughter.
     "Yes! The boys are the talk of London," he responded after finishing his bout.
     "What about them, sir?" she questioned curiously.
     "They're going to attend the London Institute for Fine Learning, I'm sure you're aware?" Dawn nodded listlessly. "Well, tomorrow is Opening Day, when you get situated in your dorms and have the beginning-of-term assembly and things like that. Tuesday is when we actually start class. We'll introduce the boys in the assembly, and we'd like you and your friends to lead them and settle them in." he said calmly. Dawn momentarily lost her voice.

"Dawn? Did you forget that the Institute is a boarding school?" he chuckled merrily.
     "No, sir," she flushed. "But why us?"
     "You all know the campus well, and you all are also incredibly clever. They have muddied reputations, but I'm sure they'll be perfectly pleasant. I videoed them, and they are remarkably good-looking, as well. Don't get caught in their charm. You have a partner, isn't it so?" Dawn thought of Paul, and her fists faltered and the phone crashed onto the floor.
     "Are you quite alright? Did you and Paul split?" the headmaster sounded generally concerned. She didn't need to force a smile, because he wasn't actually there.
     "No, sir. I just had a thought that I need to jot down," she lied, apparently pretty convincingly.
     "Oh. Well, I'll leave you to it. Will I see you tomorrow?"
     "Yes, sir," she gulped.
     "I see. Goodbye, Dawn," the chime of the ending call and from the phone and all was still. She tossed herself on her bed and cried herself to sleep.

This wasn't meant to be long! Just to bridge the chapters together so it makes sense. I can't wait to write when the story's school starts! Hope you liked it!