Chapter 5

Dawn woke the next morning, her face blotchy and red. School! she thought, leaping out of her bed and landing gracefully on the floor with the agility of a feline. She sauntered over to her gold-rimmed mirror and examined her fine, beautiful features.
     "God," she murmured, grabbing her makeup case and dabbing on concealer. "I can't look bad for Opening Day," she directed her gaze to a pile of Louis Vuitton luggage piled on the floor. "I hope I didn't forget anything!" she said nervously, spinning on her heels into her closet. Draped on the dresser were a couple items of clothing, a Tom Ford embellished mini dress with long sleeves that had been rather pricey, a pair of black suede boots with heels as tall as stilettos, a BVLGARI BVLGARI gold and white ring necklace, and Hermés Pop H earrings and a Clic H bracelet. When they'd gone shopping, Dawn, Serena, and May had all decided to wear dresses, particularly short dresses, for their first day. She slipped her arms into the dress, pulled her feet forcefully into the shoes, and snapped on the expensive jewellery. As she curled her hair, a task she didn't allow maids to do, into little ringlets, nerves and excitement pumped through her veins. Blood rushed to her ears as she looked at her self critically, taking in her long, silky locks and royal face. She surveyed her own slender body and spun around, seeing if she would slip and fall. When all was well, she scooped up her trunks and exited the room.

When Dawn slipped into the table seat, she was shocked to see her mother glide in gracefully. She wore a mid-length black lace dress that had nearly no back and tall heels of a brand she couldn't place. Johanna swooped in and kissed her daughter on her cheek.
     "What are you doing here, Mum?" Dawn asked, surprised.
     "I'm here to see my darling, of course! Today you're leaving for school, right?"
     "Yes, Mum," she was astonished that she had remembered. Wealth came with a price. Her parents seemed to never realize she existed.
     "I wish you wouldn't grow up so fast," she sighed, chewing her red lips. Johanna was incredibly good-looking, being a model. That was probably where Dawn got her beauty.
     "I'm going to drop by to have lunch with Lucille, okay?" her phone buzzed and a picture of a strict-looking woman with long purple hair appeared on the screen. Dawn gritted her teeth, for Lucille was Paul's mother. "Oh, that's her now! Bye, sweetheart," she pecked her on the cheek and floated back out in record time. The bluenette watched her dumbly.

     "There's May! And Serena!" she cheered, standing up in the car.
     "I would be pleased if you would sit down, Miss Dawn," said Leo severely. She dropped down and looked to see if they had worn what they planned. Serena was dressed in a white Naeem Khan Gatsby dress, embellished with tiny silver beads. She paired it with Tom Ford metallic gold heels and a lot of jewels. May had donned a Balmain wrapped bodycon dress in dark gold and navy blue, Yves Saint Laurent pumps with golden logo-heels, a Van Cleef and Arpels pendant made of yellow gold and white mother-of-pearl, a Tiffany T Wire Bracelet, Dior Clair D Lune earrings, and a fashionable Cartier trinity ring made of various kinds of gold. Serena and May had their long hair loose, with curls like Dawn. She squealed and bounced in her seat until the limo parked smoothly into a spot. She slammed open the car door and jumped out, waiting until Leo grabbed her five luggages before bounding forward.
     "Hi!" she said, skipping in place.
     "Not such an ice princess today, are you?" Serena teased, but her bright grin was just as excited.
     "So, we're the lucky ones to show the boys around, are we?" May said, darkening the mood.
     "I guess, but-" Dawn was cut off by a loud, authoritative voice.
     "Students! Report to the Release Stadium for the start-of-term assembly!" barked a woman with tight blonde ringlets, tawny eyes, and pale skin hidden under designer clothes.
     "Ms Kelly," Serena murmured under her breath. "The devil who wears Prada," May and Dawn snickered but followed the stream of scholars parading forward to the Stadium.

The three girls slid into their seats in fluid motions and gazed expectantly at Headmaster Garcia, standing on a lower platform. He looked just like Dawn remembered, kind, twinkling umber eyes, wispy silver hair, and a jolly smile that made his face light up.
     "Welcome, new students!" he called in a firm yet gentle voice. "And welcome back, those of you returning!" the bowl-shaped arena erupted in cheers and claps. "Normally our beginning-of-the-year assembly is for handing out schedules," he paused and rapped his foot smartly against the floor. Two thousand different-coloured agendas sprang from hidden boxes above each student. Dawn snatched her notebook, royal blue with gold patterns from its flimsy thread and saw from the corner of her eye Serena and May grabbing their cotton candy pink and violet schedules.
     "Brilliant!" Serena muttered. "They got cooler than last year!" Dawn shushed her and snapped her attention back to the headmaster.

     "But that's not all we're doing this year," surprised voices started to whisper heatedly. "I'm sure you've heard about the boys gracing the sophomore year with their attendance? The gentlemen from the United States of America?" the amphitheatre gave a resounding, ringing 'Yes'. "Well, they deserve a proper welcome! Please greet Garrison Oak!" A boy of about sixteen years old strutted onto the stage. He had spiky, rich mahogany hair and deep dark viridian eyes. His hands were in the pockets of his luxury-brand jeans, and he wore a dark Balenciaga hoodie with the label name splayed flashily on the back. One thing was for sure, with his smooth features and boyish, wicked smile, he was undeniably cute.
     "Oh my God!" gasped May and Serena, clutching at their chests. Dawn just stared. Headmaster Garcia was right when he said they were nice-looking.
     "Next up, Andrew Hayden!" the next teen was different from Garrison. While he'd seemed almost friendly, the green-haired boy with the spotlight on him had an aloof expression. He did have the most drop-dead gorgeous forest eyes, though, clear and pure. He allowed a little smirk to rise onto his face. This young man was more handsome than cute, and obviously with some nice taste. He had on a close-fitting Burberry top and similar jeans, except his were a darker blue shade then Garrison's.
     "He looks like a tough nut to crack," remarked May, using an English phrase for the occasion of the arrival of the boys. But her dreamy expression showed otherwise.
     "And finally, please welcome Asher Ketchum!" Dawn felt heat rise to her cheeks as the last boy strode forward.

His hair was jet-black and tousled and he had caramel skin that betrayed the fact that he spent a lot of time outdoors. But his face must have been the most terrifyingly handsome face she'd ever seen. His features were young, but his bones were sharper than Garrison's, but not as much as Andrew. He was lean, athletic, and incredibly good-looking in his own jeans and graphic black Gucci shirt.
     "Yikes!" squeaked Dawn unknowingly.
     "What happened to your partner, Dawn? I thought you swore to never blush at anyone but Paul?" Serena smirked slyly. She quickly recovered.
     "Nothing! Nothing happened to him," she said, a little too speedily.
     "We're so glad to be here!" called Garrison. His voice was deep and warm, like toffee. "I prefer to be referred to as Gary, and my stone-cold buddy here is Drew," he nudged the boy next to him playfully, and he scowled.
      "You can call me Asher, but I like Ash better," said the final boy.
      "Oh. My. God." repeated May. "Their American accents are to die for!" The three boys bowed and voices, mostly female voices, applauded.
     "That's all!" bellowed Headmaster Garcia, and the stone plate he was standing on sank the man out of view. Serena, Dawn, and May rocketed upwards and gathered their luggage. Dawn froze as she started down the aisle.
     "We have to show them to their room, do you recall that?" Serena hissed. She gulped and nodded so quickly that she looked like a bobblehead doll. Dawn stumbled after the two fast-paced teenagers in front of her and they reached Gary, Drew, and Ash. The Americans flashed them smiles.

That was loooooong! Hope you guys enjoyed it!