Chapter 3

Warning: mild bad word. The word (in the second paragraph) is the way the British say ass. It's used to describe one of the mysterious boys from the States. This is an alert for the younger readers.

     "Let's hit the department store, shall we?" asked Serena. Over the next two hours, the three teens ran in and out of the dressing rooms, decked in cute clothes and elegant jewellery. All of them had enough clothes to fill a closet, which was what they needed for the boarding school, by the end of the spree.
     "I'm knackered," gulped May, laughing and slipping out of her slingbacks. Dawn could tell her feet were already blistering, like her own and probably Serena's.
     "Let's go to Manolo Blahnik and buy some flats," she suggested. As they strode along the walkway and turned heads with their large amount of shopping bags, they discussed the London Institute for Fine Learning.
     "Cool, right? We'll go back home and sleep and there'll only be a day left until the first day!" said Serena, looking amazed.
     "I heard that Karly tried to convince Headmaster Garcia to make it five a room instead of four, but it went all pear-shaped! Now it's only three," giggled May.
     "We are all in one room, right?" Dawn asked anxiously.
     "Like you always say, no need to worry, right? Our parents are super influential, and refusing to allow us to be in the same room would be like forcing J.K. Rowling to sleep in a car! Besides, Garcia likes you. Dad already received the email from him saying we're in the same dormitory, in the West Wing," Serena assured the twilight-eyed girl.
     "That's good," she sighed.

As soon as the three daughters of famous entrepreneurs entered Manolo Blahnik, the cashier blanched and gave them a 50 per cent discount on their shoes. Dawn and May didn't mind, but Serena seemed a bit cranky about the fact she didn't get to use 'Dad's credit card to its full extent'. They left the shop with smiles and noticeably comfortable feet.
     "So...the boys?" the blonde asked hopefully.
     "Totally not the ones from the States that she's been blathering on about," May deadpanned, looking at Dawn with a straight face. Serena aimed a playful punch at the speaker of the offending sentence.
     "I overheard some adults talking about them! One of the boys is the son of a famous researcher! And another's father opened a chain of luxury hotels! And the last's mom is a highly-paid supermodel and his dad is a Harvard professor who gets millions every month! I also heard that the one who's dad is a researcher is a total playboy, the son of the luxury-hotel owner is an arrogant arse, and the one who's parents are super successful doesn't want to date." she grew more and more high-pitched with excitement. The bluenette's eyes widened.
     "Really?" Dawn wondered out loud. Serena adjusted her drooping neckline.
     "It might be a myth. But the accuracy is pretty convincing," she admitted.
     "Just like our Serena," May giggled, but her cheery eyes were greyer than usual, which happened when she was serious. Dawn glanced up and saw the sun beating on top of them.
     "It must be at least twelve by now," she decided.
     "Lunch break?"

     "I'm going to have to go on a diet after this," griped Serena, although she seemed to be enjoying her salad.
     "You're having greens! You could eat twenty of those and wouldn't get a pound fatter," May said exasperatingly, biting a piece of her bread.
     "You're right. It's Dawn that has to, gulping that soup filled with cream," Serena mocked disgust and ducked when croutons were tossed in her direction. Dawn was eating clam chowder, which her mother never allowed.
     "Relax!" she turned sorrowful eyes to May. "If you say Serena's skinny, then why can't you say I am too?"
     "Er...no," she replied, imitating a flat tone. Dawn flipped her hand to her forehead and tipped her head back.
     "Betrayal!" she cried dramatically. May grinned sheepishly.
     "Just kidding!" she struck a peace sign with two of her slender fingers. Her two best friends laughed jokingly. Dawn looked up and rays of light stung her vision. It felt nice being with her mates again.

So! Hope you enjoyed. This chap was just a teeeny bit small! :)