3. Coincident Resemblances

3rd Person POV:

"Gryffindor!"

"Thank Merlin! I can't imagine the horror you would have to face if you were sorted into the evil house of Serpents?" Sirius told her wanting to taunt Snape.

"And they say Slytherins are the prejudiced ones!" (Y/N) shook her head with a disappointed frown. Sirius, James, Peter and Severus stared at her in total surprise, while Remus just gave her a curious look and a soft smile. That girl never ceased to surprise them!

"Now, don't you have your dormitories to go to?"

"Who are you?" Snape asked her once again.

"(Y/N), Ilvermony transfer." He nodded before walking away. But the Marauders had no such intention and continued following her to the hospital wing.

"You say you are from Ilvermony, but you sound English to me?"

"That's because I am staying in an English orphanage all the time!" She shrugged, nonchalantly.

"oh!" was all they could utter.

"So..um..how was Ilvermony?" Remus asked her, changing the topic.

"It was fine! But I think I will like Hogwarts better." The boys grinned at that.

"Yeah! Hogwarts is home!" Sirius exclaimed.

"Hogwarts is Home!" (Y/N) thought to herself with a smile.

"So (Y/N), Do you play Qudditch?" James asked her and her smile widened.

"You are talking to a chaser, Mr.potter!"

"Really?"

"Yeah....I played for the school team back there..."

"Great...I'll see you at tryouts then. Sharp 7.30 am on coming Saturday."

"Whoa, Whoa...I didn't tell I am going to play now!"

"Why not?"

"Er...My...Um..My health is not in the right condition now. I have to refrain from doing any activities that would increase my adrenaline rush for a few months. Healers' instructions! So the headmaster has prohibited me from the qudditch team." She told him. She was not lying. That was the parting words from Dumbledore.

"Oh...It's not a problem. Maybe, next year...." James trailed off .

At the precise moment they reached the hospital wing.

"For someone new, you have located the hospital wing without getting lost!" Peter wondered.

"Er.. I had instructions from Professor Dumbledore..... Now, I don't think you guys will be allowed inside, so-"

"Don't worry, love! We have our ways." Sirius told her, pointing at the invisibility cloak. She rolled her eyes good naturedly and shrugged. She opened the door and called out to Madam pomfrey. She felt the marauders present on the bed to her left. When Madam Pomfrey came in and gasped at her sight, she just gave the letter professor Dumbledore gave her. The letter prevented the matron from questioning her, as she quietly put a diagnostic charm on her.

"Remove your shirt!" she told (Y/N), and as no one were there and the early time of the day made madam Pomfrey think that no one would come there, from her experiences. So she saw no need for curtaining the sides of (Y/N)'s bed. Throwing a subtle glance to her left, (Y/N) started unbuttoning her then-white shirt, now covered with dirt and blood.

Remus and Peter immediately closed their eyes as madam Pomfrey told (Y/N) to do that. James took a confused moment and the realizing what (Y/N) was up to as soon as she unbuttoned the first button, closed his eyes. But Sirius was too busy, frowning at her arms and neck, he didn't even realise what was happening until (Y/N) removed the shirt. But there was no need to close his eyes because, she was already wearing a sleeveless black tee inside. The other three marauders opened their eyes only when the matron let a shocked gasp looking at the inner side of (Y/N)'s left arm.

"Don't worry about it. They are just scars. Here! help me with the fresh cuts." Y/N replied hastily, pointing at the cuts in her arms, neck and legs. Madam Pomfrey nodded and started healing her. As she went to get the pain relieving potions, she quickly glanced left and told "You guys go or you are going to miss breakfast and be late for class." She heard slight shuffling near and then it became quiet.

Madam Pomfrey had told her that the headmaster wanted her to stay in the hospital wing till dinner. so (Y/N) lay on the bed, staring at the ceiling. She was about to sleep, when the door of the hospital wing burst open revealing a bloodied and dishevelled James Potter.

"What happened?"

"Duelled with the Slytherins. Just few gashes in the arm. Nothing serious." He told her. But madam pomfrey had made him too, to stay till dinner, telling him that she needed to check his arm. So they both talked and talked until she fell asleep, while talking. James chuckled at how endearing she was while talking sleepily and drifting to sleep without completing the sentence.

Everything was alright and one look at her face told him that she was deep in sleep. But the next moment she started tossing and turning around and in the next moment, she was screaming, eyes still closed, thrashing in the bed like mad. Madam pomfery and James both ran towards her and James sprinkled some water on (Y/N)'s face, waking her up. She gasped and started breathing deeply. Madam Pomfrey stroked her hair tenderly and asked

"Are you okay, child?"

"Yeah. Sorry. just a nightmare."

"I'm sorry but I don't have dreamless sleep potions dear. The stock got over due to the O.W.Ls and N.E.W.Ts. Professor Slughorn is still brewing the new stock. "

"It's okay. I'll manage madam Pomfrey." She told her with a smile but she knew she couldn't manage if she was about to have an another nightmare about the war.

Madam Pomfrey left frowning upon herself. She turned to James who was still by her side.

"Sorry, I disturbed you. I forgot the silencing charm."

"What do you mean by you forgot? Do you have it often?"

"Nearly everyday!" She shrugged, casually.

"Is there anything I can do to help you."

"Well....Um..."

"Ask away!" James told her. He didn't know why but he felt strangely attracted to the girl, not romantically, but felt protective over her, like a brother would, for his sister.

"Can you lay beside me?" she asked him. Since her escape from the Malfoy Manner, either Harry or the twins always slept next to her. It helped keeping her nightmares at bay.

James nodded and she moved a bit making space for him. He lay down next to her. Both of them lay on their sides facing each other.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked.

"No."

"Want a hug?" he asked her and she was immediately reminded of Harry who would offer her a hug whenever she felt, off.

A tear rolled down her eyes causing James to panic. "Hey I just....You don't have to-"

But (Y/N) threw her arms around his neck, hugging him and cutting him off. He wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her closer and her tears rolled down freely. She wiped them away hastily and buried her face in his chest inhaling his scent, just like she used to do with Harry. It was an odd coincidence, but James smelled exactly like Harry. His natural smell of pinewoods, broomstick handle and treacle tarts, dominated by the smell of his cologne. Even their colognes were same. Ron would often tease Harry about using ancient colognes but Harry would always shrug it off saying he loved that smell. So, she just inhaled the familiar smell once again, falling into a deep, peaceful sleep thinking about the coincident resemblances between Harry and his Father.