4. New Beginnings

3rd Person Pov :

" Are you sure? "

"Pretty sure, Moony! They were claw marks! Just like the ones I have."

Remus and Peter gave him a look. "I mean, I am not telling that you attacked her. I'm just telling that they were Werewolf claw marks! "

" Maybe she is one?! Or she just came across one? " Peter suggested.

But they didn't further discuss the topic as they entered the hospital wing. When they searched for James in the bed, a shock awaited them. He was sleeping next to the new girl, (Y/N). It was the oddest sight they had witnessed. James had a fan club, but his heart was set for Lily, even though she had rejected him so many times. He never spared a second glance to any other girl, so this came as a surprise to them.

"Wasn't he supposed to be in love with Evans?" Sirius wondered.

"Maybe he's moved on?" But for some unknown reason Sirius didn't like what Peter said. Maybe that was because he had never imagined his best friend with any other girl!

"Just because he's sleeping beside her doesn't mean anything you numpties! That can be because of any other reason!" Remus told them and it eased Sirius a bit. "Let them wake up!"

So, they sat themselves, Remus and Peter on the bed nearby and Sirius near James on the bed he was in.

"They are claw marks indeed!" Remus told them, eyeing her neck. Sirius traced a scar with his index finger and she shuddered in her sleep.

"What are you guys doing here?" A sleepy voice asked them. Only then they realised James was awake.

"We came here to give you some company and take you to dinner, but it seems you are already in a good company?!"

"Yeah, she is a good company. She just had nightmares and Poppy doesn't have the dreamless potions, so I just slept near. She told it helps her with nightmares." James shrugged.

As Madam Pomfrey had asked them to wait until she brought James' dose of potions, they sat chatting. (Y/N) woke up to the sound of chatter and saw the marauders sitting in two beds, one was on which she was laying, and chatting.

"I see you are awake!" James told her and she smiled.

"What are you guys doing here?"

As they told her why they were waiting, she sat up, leaning against the head board. They saw her arms too were scattered with scars.

"How did you get those?" Peter asked bluntly, pointing at those scars. Her eyebrows furrowed and she craned her neck to look at where he was pointing.

"Those... Werewolf!" She shrugged nonchalantly, as though it was very normal to have Werewolf scars scattered over her body.

"What!" The marauders exclaimed in unison.

"How?" Remus asked her.

"One tried to attack me, but he couldn't!"

"How do you know it was a he?"

"I knew him already?"

"A friend?"

She snorted. "More like an enemy! " She could see Remus' face fall. "I had a friend too, who was a werewolf. He was such a sweet person!" Remus' face lit up. " But this," she pointed her scars "was a horrible person."

"Person? Wasn't it a werewolf?"

"Werewolfs are something, a person has no control of changing into. We can't judge them by it. What we should do is see how they are when they are human." She shrugged like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

All the marauders could think was only one thing. "This girl is full of surprises."

"Actually, he just tried to attack me when he was conscious. It wasn't even full moon then." She told, shocking the Marauders. " He is such a type of human. We can't do anything about them. "

"Who was it?" Remus asked, overcoming his shock. She hesitated. She knew he was the one who bit Remus. But under their intense gazes, she faltered.

"Fenrir Greyback!" She told and they sucked in a sharp breath. "It's okay. He didn't bite me, atleast."

At the precise moment, the matron came, preventing them from answering her. She shooed the four away after giving James his potions. But when they were out of the hospital, they saw the headmaster himself.

"Ahh..Mr. Potter, can you do me a favor and bring miss (Y/L/N) to the great hall?"

"Um...sure professor."

"Thank you. You three can wait in the great hall for your friend." He told the other three.

"Hey, the headmaster wants you." He told (Y/N) once he entered the infirmary. She looked at the matron, who nodded. So, she took her shirt that was hanging on the head board and muttered a "Terego" to clean the shirt. She put it back and started walking with him. When they reached the outside of the great hall, James told her that he had to leave her here and Professor Mcgonagall will collect her. She nodded.

"Nervous?" He asked her, as she fiddled with her fingers.

"A bit... I mean I'm new here, am I not? "

He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and told "Don't worry. I am here for you."

She nodded once again and he hugged her "It'll be alright."

(Y/N) was once again reminded of Harry by James. She remembered how he hugged her whispering an "It'll be alright" when she was nervous about meeting Sirius for the first time in the summer after her second year.

"Thanks!" she told him.

"Anytime" He told her and they pulled away.

Unknown to them, many people saw this exchange and some girls got jealous of her, which included a redhead too.

As the headmaster introduced her in the great hall, she smiled at them realising that this will be her home from now. She just inwardly offered a toast to the new beginnings and walked towards the Gryffindor table.