6.Bonding

3rd Person POV :

           "Who is it?" She muttered to herself, as she couldn't see them from there but they looked familiar. So she walked towards them.

She saw James sitting on the couch, staring into the fire. 

"James?"

"Hey! What are you doing here?" 

"What are you doing here?"

"I asked you first!"

"Well....I asked you second...so what? Tell me!"

James chuckled at her childishness. He shook his head with a smile. "Just thinking..."

"About what may I ask?"

James had never voiced this thought to anyone! Not even Sirius. But he couldn't help it when she asked her. He had a feeling like he could trust her with anything. He had no idea why, but he felt the urge to tell her. So, he did.

"It's just ..... Lily..."

"What about her?"

"I've been chasing after her for years now...but she just hates me... I don't know why...I..Should I just give up on her?"

(Y/N) sighed. "You can't...."

"Why?"

"Do you seriously think you can move on after that?" James looked up and stared at her.

"No!" he whispered, looking into her eyes.

"Then?" she exclaimed "You aren't going to achieve anything by stopping...So, just try until you can!" She shrugged.

James smiled. 

"Just talk to her like she is a normal person. Be civil but stop asking her on a date and all, for some time! "

"Do you think it'll work?"

"Positive!" 

James lunged at her. She flinched by instinct. But he didn't even notice it. He hugged her tightly and she wrapped her arms around him after few seconds, as realization hit her.

"Thanks!"

"You are welcome, I guess!"

"So..Why are you still awake?"

"Couldn't sleep!" she shrugged once again.

"Nightmares?"

"No...I didn't even sleep..How will I get them..They usually wait until I sleep." She joked.

"I'll stay with you" He offered.

"No..You don't have to!"

"But I want to! The question is, are you okay with it?"

"It is more than okay, actually!"

"Then I'm staying here...and that's final!" (Y/N) smiled. James reminded her so much of Harry,  and she felt her heart clench at that. 

James sat on the floor leaning on the couch. 

"Why are you sitting there?" (Y/N) asked him.

"I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable." James replied bluntly.

(Y/N) smiled. 'Typical Potter!' She thought to herself. She took out her wand and charmed the couch wider.  James then laid with her on the couch, helping her drift into a peaceful sleep, without nightmares , inhaling  the most calming scent she had ever smelled.

James looked down at the sleeping girl in his arms, smiling. It had been a day, but he was already comfortable around her. He felt like she was the sister he never had. He too, slipped into the world of dreams, soon.

                                                                             ~~~

Sirius woke up at the middle of the night, feeling thirsty. After he drank some water, he noticed that James wasn't in his bed. James had not come with them saying he just wanted to think. Sirius knew James needed sometime for himself, just like any other person, so he left him to himself for sometime.

"Is he still staring into the fire?" Sirius mumbled to himself and went down to the common room in search of him.

But Sirius saw James and (Y/N) sleeping on the couch, which was widened magically, just like they had in the hospital bed this morning. He didn't know why, but oddly, he wanted to be the one who was comforting her. He shook his head out of those ridiculous thoughts.He smiled softly at them. He summoned a blanket from their dormitory and covered both of them with it, before leaving quietly.  

                                                                                   ~~~

(Y/N) was shaken awake by someone. Opening just one eye, She saw Harry Potter trying to wake her. She closed her eyes again.

"Harry, as much as I love you will you shut up and let me sleep, before you get hit by my pillow?"

"What?!!"

"Anyways...what happened to your sweet ways of waking me up? "   

'WAIT ! HARRY? BUT!!' A voice screamed inside her head. She gasped and sat up.

"James!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah, me!" She looked around. She was in the Gryffindor common room, on the couch. A blanket, which was definitely not there the last night was covering her. There were the Marauders, Lily and Marlene around her.

 "Who is this Harry? Lover boy?" Marlene asked her,smirking and she tried her hardest to not throw up her last night's content.

"Go to breakfast. I'll see you guys there! Don't worry! I won't get lost!"  And before they could say anything, she walked to her dormitory.