Chapter 14

I enter the garage and spot Trayi immediately with a group she is teaching dance steps. My eyes gaze around to find another person with certain piercings, however she isn't there.

Trayi looks at me and I motion my head to a corner so we can talk in private as some things need privacy. She crosses the distance and we come out of the garage.

"What do you want?" she asks.

"Well, I've changed my mind. I'm in this thing called make-yourself-a-fool program you're hosting."

She nods and eyes up and down like she isn't sure if I'm talking sense or not.

"However..." My phone buzzes with a ping and distracts me from our very private conversation.

"Wait a second." I bring out my phone from my pocket and along with it comes out my dazzling white cigarette packet and drop on the cement floor like an upcoming bomb blast.

We both look at it and I tilt my head to Bratati whose eyes now have a sparkle in them. She has caught me red handed.

'Fulo ka taaro ka, sabka kehna hai, ek hazaro mai, meri behena hai...'¹ the song starts from the garage and she opens her mouth with, "Mom..."

"Wait! Wait!" I hush her.

"I'm going to tell mom."

"No! You can't. Okay, what do you want?" I try to bribe her and like a little devil she is, a sinister grin appears on her face.

"You have to participate in dance."

"Fine!"

A coat of sinister aura surrounds her and she says, "Actually, you have to dance in two songs."

"What? No! I'll only participate in one dance!"

"Mom!"

"Okay! Fine!"

"Then you'll have to dance with Shantipriya."

"What? No!" Shantipriya is one of her friends and mom has been trying to match me with her. Even her parents are still trying to pursuing the idea however, I have already said I don't like to marry, now. Maybe, not ever?

"Why? She likes you and you are her crush for a very young age."

That I knew all along. She is beautiful with big brown eyes and straight hair and the other traits of a beautiful girl. She's smart and is quite good in cooking (my mom made her cook for me to impress as the way of a man's heart is his belly - which is ridiculous). However, I have always seen her as a sister as she's Trayi's friend.

While I have no care or have any time to think about it, my mind is forming some other plan. Plan that can persuade Agni to become my partner.

"But I don't like her, you know very well. I see her as a sister."

"Oh! Then..." the grin still plays on her lips, "with whom you want to dance a duet?"

"Err... Anyone could be fine but not from your group of friends."

She raises a brow, "You could pair with Agni then..." My heart thumps with cats and dogs running in my belly.

"However, I've already paired her with Amit." And the cats and dogs have halted abruptly.

I want to tell her that at least let Agni pair with anyone other than Amit, however, cat gets my tongue.

"But, I can regroup them."

"So..." I ask trying not to show my heated cheecks, "Am I going to be paired with Agni or not?"

"Why? Do you want to be paired with Agni?" she asks immediately after my question.