Ch.2

Louis' POV

Today I was pretty excited. It was Zayn's birthday today and we set up a surprise party for him. It wasn't really a party, but let's just say it was supposed to be me, Liam, Harry, Zayn and Niall hanging out together at my house to celebrate Zayn's birthday.

I only told Zayn to come over for a movie with the rest of the lads and me to kinda hide the fact that it was supposed to be a party with much more activity but only with us four lads. It seemed like a cheesy lie, but Zayn expected that we would actually doing just that. He should have known me better. I never plan such boring things, especially for a party.

I couldn't wait to start setting up. Niall volunteered to come early to help me set up so everything would be perfect. I was actually kinda glad for the help, I didn't know how I would set this up without him. But let's just say that things were starting to take a bit longer than usual. But I mean, when you have Niall working with you that is expected.

"Hey Louis?" Niall yelled from the other room.

"Yeah?" I yelled back.

"When are we eating the food?" he yelled back.

"Niall, can I remind you why were here?"

"Why are we here?" he asked giving me smart eyes.

"To set up for Zayn's birthday. Now, get your ass back to work."

"Why did I agree to help you again Mr. Sassy pants?" he said laughing at the end.

"Because you knew it'd be fun." I said throwing some paper string decoration at him.

"I'm gonna get you back Tomiltoe!" he said throwing a pencil at me.

Within the next few minutes we pretty much had a decoration war. And to my surprise, it actually decorated the place a bit. It wasn't the most tidy decorations ever because half on the confetti pieces were on the floor, but I mean hey, it was up to my standards. And Zayn was never fussy about these things. He probably didn't even know we were putting effort into it.

A bit later me and Niall set up a few snacks for all of us and I got the games that we were going to play ready. I couldn't wait to start. We had been on break for about 3 days and all we've been doing was text each other and spending time with family. It's hard when we didn't see each other in days. We were always together whether it was on tour or not so we were so used to each other.

Now it was time for the rest of the lads to show up. We were all soon here here but the only person we were waiting for was Zayn. We knew Zayn was always late for things and now we got used to it, but now this was getting ridiculous. All we could do while we waited for him was watch some cheesy TV shows so we didn't ruin anything for him when he came. But we got bored pretty easily waiting. I mean, he was over an hour late!

"Where do you think he's at?" Liam asked.

"I don't know. But he better come soon." Harry said.

"We did all of this and he couldn't even be on time. Even for his own party!" I said beginning to get more pissed off.

"Guys, we can't talk like this. Remember he's like our brother. Let's not start any drama on his day." Niall said.

"Good point. Sorry about that." I said.

Niall was right. It sure did feel disrespectful for Zayn to be late like this but I mean it was his day so we decided not to start anything with him. Maybe he had a pretty good excuse anyways. At least that's what we all hoped.

But what we hoped was wrong. It was now an entire hour and 30 minutes later and even Niall was getting a bit impatient now.

"That's it. I'm calling him." Harry said.