Ch.4

Harry's POV

We had a quite peaceful sleep last night. So far there were no interruptions with Zayn not feeling good. I guess he was just so out of it he wouldn't even be able to wake himself up even if he was feeling like absolute shit. But I was actually mistaken by this morning.

"Haz. Haz." I felt someone shake me. I wasn't sure who it was.

"Huh?" I said turning over to reveal a pale sweaty looking Zayn.

"Oh my god Zayn! Are you ok?" I asked seeing him.

I thought Zayn couldn't get any worse, but I was wrong. He was sweating through everything he wore and he could barely even speak. He kept on swaying as he stood in front of my trying to wake me up and I could guarantee you that if I didn't sit him down soon he would end up fainting again.

"I- I- don't feel.. good." he said bringing one of his hands up to his head.

"Here let's lay down again. You should actually be in bed right now instead of the couch. Do you think you can make it there?" I asked worriedly. Most of the time when any of us were sick we could do normal things like walk, or even talk. But this was definitely a bad case of the flu which had knocked Zayn out completely causing him to have the worst birthday ever. I was pretty sure he couldn't even see straight. He was barely even audible, I had no idea how I heard him.

"I can try to get there but I'm feeling pretty exhausted." Zayn said whispering rubbing his eyes.

"Here I'll get the rest of the lads to help us." I said.

I woke up everybody out of their beds and within a matter of minutes we safely got Zayn to lay down in his bed so he could be more comfortable. We were still really worried though, with all the medicine we have been giving him for the past few hours, it seemed like nothing was responding.

Me and the rest of the lads were all in Zayns room helping him get comfortable. It was hard though because when we asked him how he was feeling or if we ever tried to communicate he would have to back away from us for a second so he could sneeze or cough. He wasn't getting a break anytime soon from this flu of his.

"Zayn we need to take your temperature and give you your medicine." I said sitting on the other side of the bed he wasn't sleeping on. The other lads decided they they would make some nice soup and set up a little birthday present for Zayn downstairs while I took care of him.

"Mhm." Zayn said getting from underneath his covers.

I felt so helpless so I helped him sit up because he looked so weak. I was glad the other lads were downstairs making him some soup so he could hopefully feel better. I didn't want him to suffer more. I was getting genuinely worried now. He sounded like he swallowed knives, he coughed like he'd been living with bronchitis for 10 years and he was still pretty dizzy with a really high temperature.

You always knew when Zayn is feeling his worst. This was one of the times where he was obvious. He fainted, he was taking medicine down like shots, and he just couldn't help but tell us he wasn't feeling good. As soon as Zayn got up with my help from under his covers I tried to give him his medicine and take his temperature as quick as possible because I didn't want to keep him up too long. He should really be sleeping.

"Open up Zi" I said holding the thermometer.

He tried to open his mouth, but he immediately winced at the pain it was giving him. He held his throat and made a barely audible whisper to me: "It hurts." he said.

"I'm so sorry Zi, but you gotta try. I need to take your temperature." I said. I really did feel bad. His eyes were no longer brown and light filled with happiness, it was filled with water getting ready to get shed from his eyes from the pain he was experiencing from just opening his mouth.