Chapter 3

~Amelia's POV~

"Amelia? AMELIA! Oh shit," was all I heard before I passed out. I felt strong arms carry me somewhere, and next thing I knew, I was lying on something soft.

My eyelids fluttered open as I took in my surroundings. I was lying on a hospital bed... In a hospital room... I'm in the hospital. I turned and saw Nathan, sat beside me holding my hand. I tried to remember last night.

Right... Last night I came clean. I quickly jerked my hand away from his. How could he still bear to be with me after all I did last night? Nathan stirred, but did not wake. I couldn't face him again. After what I did. I was horrible. How could I do this to my best friend? If he still was. I couldn't face him again. I scribbled a note to him and placed it under his phone. I looked at his peaceful sleeping face. I sighed, and softly kissed his temple.

Then I discharged myself and went home, hoping and praying he would heed my note.

~Nathan's POV~

"Amelia? AMELIA! Oh shit," after screaming at me, Amelia just collapsed! I panicked, managing to catch her just before she made impact with the ground. I had no idea what to do, I just called an ambulance and carried her onto the stretcher.

The doctor said she had fainted due to severe exhaustion. Severe exhaustion? I didn't care, I just needed to know she was alright. I called Jay and told him about Amelia. He listened to me and told me he would speak to management. He called me back an hour later, saying we could have a week break. I thanked him and hung up.

It hurt to see her in her troubled sleep. And it was all my fault. Why was I so stupid? She had convinced me to go audition, she had gotten me famous! And what did I do? I bloody left her in the dirt. I was getting a little drowsy...

I woke up the next morning to an empty room and a note under my phone. I picked it up and read it.

Dearest Nath,

I'm so sorry for putting you through hell, what more during your gigs. You don't have to worry about me anymore, I won't bother you. Basically let's go back to when you joined the band. I'd say we're still best friends but you most probably hate me after last night. Forget me and live up a little!

Your exBFF Amelia

I was at a loss for words. Everything was my fault. I lost all my contacts and had to get a new number. And whenever the band was on break, I would spend it with Jay and Tom, who were single like me. I knew I should've stayed in contact. And she wants me to forget her? How can I do that? Seeing her brings back so many memories... I remember telling her I had a crush on someone, she looked... A little upset? But she told me she was happy for me and asked to tell her who it was. I had refused to tell her. What she didn't know was that it was her. She was smart, beautiful and just plain awesome.

And SHE put me through hell? It was more of the opposite! I left, never called, never visited, and she says she put me through hell? I had to find her. Then I reread what she had written... ExBFF. I couldn't leave us like this. I just couldn't.

Author's Note: Sorry this chapter's so short, it's just more of a filler chapter. The next one will be longer, I promise! What will Nathan do? Find ot next chapter! The usual... Comment if you hate (or like), vote if it doesn't seem so crappy. Thanks!

~Sophia