Chapter 12

~Amelia's POV~

"AMELIA! GET UP! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!" I groaned, and rolled over. No... Jeez let me sleep. Reed and Amy ran straight into my room and jumped onto me. Gah!

"Jeez, it's my birthday! Doesn't that make me able to do what I want?" I muttered and Reed laughed. He and Amy together were enough to knock the wind out of me.

"Get up, me and Amy are supposed to do whatever possible to get you out of the house till the party. I've planned everything, and you're gonna love my surprise. Now get up. We have to pick your outfit. You have to look perfect," Reed shook me. Why do I have to have look perfect?

"Wait, why? Can't I go in jeans and a shirt? With my wedges? Gee, Reed, when did you turn into a fashionista?" I laughed with Amy while Reed literally dragged me out of bed into the bathroom. I sighed and took a quick shower before pulling on a long sleeved shirt and jeans.

Reed and Amy were waiting in my car. Reed told me to drive to the mall nearby, and I did. Finally, we got out and Amy pulled me out. Reed proceeded to pull out his phone and showed me a list of things I had planned out.

•Wake Amelia up

•Get her arse to the mall

•Get her dress

•Quick break @ Starbucks

•Get shoes and accessories

•Get her home

•Amy will help out with dressing the birthday woman

"Birthday woman? The words 'lady' and 'girl' were erased from your vocab? Gee, thanks mate," Reed laughed at my comment. We headed shop after shop, and I was getting bored. Reed and Amy would toss me dresses and would changed before getting disapprovals from both Reed and Amy. I may want to be a wardrobe stylist, but for myself I chose comfort over fashion. But finally I spotted one on my own.

It was a strapless dress, ending just above the knees. It had a nice light blue shade to it, and when I spun around, it would fly out a little. A simple black ribbon was wrapped around the waist, ending with a bow on the front. I ran and grabbed it and tried it on before stepping out to face Amy and Reed.

Their jaws dropped when they saw it.

"Freaking brilliant! Genius!" Amy cried out, while Reed complimented on how it was perfect. I smiled, my enthusiasm levels much higher now that we only had to find Amy's dress. I took in her features.

Amy had long chestnut hair, a roundish face and brown eyes. She had, simply described doe eyes and an innocent face. I could picture the perfect dress for her and scanned around for something similar. Aha!

I grabbed a single shoulder hot pink dress. It had a sash belt and a flower on the shoulder. She squealed when I tossed it to her and ran to the fitting room. It was perfect!

We went to pay. Well, Reed paid, our mom had given him some cash to spend on our clothes. Then we went to Starbucks to grab a quick brunch before setting off to buy our shoes and accessories.

Shoe shopping was quick, we just had to match the shoes with the dress. I had bought a pair of simple nude heels, while Amy bought a pair of black pumps. I realised Reed hadn't gotten anything and asked him about it. He chuckled.

"The theme for your party is prom night, so all I gotta wear is a suit. Simple, so I don't have to buy anything," he replied. That wasn't fair. Why diid guys always have it easy when it came to fashion?