Chapter 4

~Amelia's POV~

"Amy? I need your help. I need you to never, ever bring me to another The Wanted concert ever again. I can't... I can't bear to see him anymore. Don't need to call me back. In fact, don't call me for the next few days, alright? I need some alone time," I rushed through my message to her. I hung up and sighed. I seemed to sigh a lot lately. I needed sometime away, where no one could find me. But work! I remembered I had to be in the office in an hour's time. I rushed around and arrived on time.

It was another busy day, clients rushing in and out. I had to plan a meeting with some lawyers regarding a debate coming up. I worked for an environmental law firm, so complaints about pollution were constantly streaming in. Finally 6pm rolled around and I nervously knocked on the door of my supervisor's office.

"So, Ms Brown, how may I help you? Are you finally taking a break?" I was taken aback by her words.

"Erm... Yeah... Something happened, and I need a short break. Just a couple of weeks, I promise! I'll be right back working and I'll make-" I was cut off by her.

"Amelia Christina Brown, it's about time you took a break! I see you practically everyday! Even on your days off, I see you working here, taking over another person's shift. You need a break. Take a month off! No arguments, now go!" I couldn't take a whole month! But she dismissed me with a flick of her wrist and I reluctantly went home. I always kept myself busy, offering to take my colleagues shift so I was constantly busy. I didn't want free time as I didn't know what to do.

I locked the door, took a quick bath and turned on my laptop, searching for a holiday. There were so many good places. I gave up and went to Omegle.com, a site where you could meet new people. I typed in a few interests, and had quite a long conversation with someone. This was pretty much how it went.

Stranger: Hi! You like singing and The Wanted too?

Me: Yeah, I guess so. Singing is my passion but now I'm concentrating on work first.

Stranger: Cool! I'm still studying in university.

Me: Wow. Must be nice. Hey, I know it sounds awkward and all, but do you have any suggestions for good holiday places? Need to relax a little.

Stranger: Not so sure if it's good but I'm from Singapore, and everything here is awesome!

I thought about it for a moment. I've heard of Singapore, where it's sunny all year. Why not? We chatted a little more, and at the end swapped Twitter accounts. I checked out her account, @Nadiya_TWFan. She was a Malay girl, and she looked about 17. I followed her then looked through her pictures. She was really pretty. She wasn't so dark as I thought Malay people were. In fact, I'd say she looked a little Caucasian. She had wavy shoulder length jet black hair and wore black rimmed glasses.

So I booked a return ticket for Singapore. Two weeks of holiday in Singapore should be enough right? Then I would spend a week in London before heading to Gloucester for my 18th birthday on the first of August, which was planned by my parents and brother. I felt my phone buzz twice.

Nadiya had followed me back and sent me a DM.

-Hi! I'm guessing you're the one I met on Omegle.com? I'm Nadiya. So have you any luck with the holiday?-

I sent a quick reply back.

-Yeap, I'm going to Singapore!-

I turned my phone off and looked at the clock. Wonderful, it was 10pm. I decided to pack for my trip, seeing that the flight was in two days.

According to what I read, Singapore was really, really hot. It was basically summer everyday, and the weather was unpredictable. It could be sunny onne morning, and rain a few hours later. So I packed mostly t-shirts and jeans, along with my favourite purple hoodie and a few pairs of shoes. I decided to bring my laptop too. Then I sent a text to my family and Amy.