Chapter 16

~Nathan's POV~

"Alright. Nathan James Sykes, you have one last chance," I was so happy when she said that. When she left, I was so devastated. Every night I would get pissed, worse than Tom, then wake up the next morning regretting it. And the cycle repeats itself, despite warnings from Jayne and the lads.

When I saw her curled up like that next to the piano, my heart shattered. She had lost weight badly. She wasn't Amelia any more. She had thrown up before passing out, and I panicked. I called the ambulance and refused to leave her side until Tom promised to stay with her.

When she woke up, she insisted to go home, the stubborn girl. All I did was grab her wrists and she cried out in pain. I knew what that meant.

"Show me your arms," I muttered. She refused and I repeated, slightly angrier this time. She rolled up her sleeves, and there were cuts covering her arms. I noticed two very deep cuts in her left arm, and lightly traced my fingers over it. Words couldn't even describe how I felt.

"I'm so sorry, Amelia, I just-" I started to explain, but she cut me off and stormed out. Me and Tom chased after her, but damn, she was fast!

When we arrived, she locked her spare room door and sang something. I missed her beautiful voice. She unlocked, and I stopped in my tracks. Her room was changed. A load of photos that used to plaster the walls now lay on the floor, replaced by music sheets and lyrics.

I read a diary entry she had written. She called herself worthless. What? She wasn't worthless! If anything she was... Worthy! If such a word existed. I wrapped my arms around and begged her for one more chance.

"Thank you so, so much," I mumbled as I buried my face in her neck.

~Amelia's POV~

Where was I? Oh... My room. Was it all a dream? Apparently not, since Nathan was sleeping beside me with his arm carelessly strewn over my stomach. Okay... I had an hour to get to work. I smiled, then wriggled slightly so I could get out.

"Mm... No... Don't go, stay," Nathan mumbled. I chuckled a little.

"Babe... I have work today, I'll see you tomorrow," I explained and he groaned. He and the lads had to be in the studio by 9am, leaving him two more hours to get ready. Ugh... Ever since I returned my boss had promoted me to executive secretary, which meant I had to be in office by 8am, ending at 6pm. I didn't mind, since my pay increased along with the hours.

I took a quick shower and changed into a white button top and a black pencil skirt. My hair was straightened and tied in a tight ponytail.

"Bye babe. When do you get off? Maybe I'll see you after," I asked.

"I get out of the studio at 9, but the lads wanna go to the club. I'll come visit you, make up a quick excuse," he replied. He couldn't do that!

"No, no. Go enjoy yourself. I'll join you anyway, if I can. See you," I called out and went off. Tom had called someone to replace my door.

Work was as per usual, busy and draining. When I finally got off, I got called into my boss's office. Oh shit. What did I do?

"Mrs Jones, I swear, if I have done anything wrong. I was either drunk or I really didn't mean it. Please don-" I started pleading, but she cut me off.

"No, no Ms Brown! Nothing of that sort! It's just, I've noticed you've been really hardworking lately. I want to reward you. I've heard that you really love styling, right? So, I am sending you on a year long course on wardrobe styling! It's in Los Angeles and if you're good enough, you will be given professional jobs like celebrities and stuff," Oh. My. God. Was she joking around? She smiled expectantly at me.

"I... Erm... Woah... I don't even know what to say! Thank you! Like wow! Are you sure you didn't make a mistake or something?" I was in denial, a little. She chuckled.

"No, I'm sure I got the name right. Here's your plane ticket, you leave in a week!" A week! What was I going to tell Nathan? I had to grab this opportunity, but at what cost? Will Nathan still be supportive when he realises the distance?

Author's Note: This is a new developement... Will Nathan agree with her? It's nearing the end, but I'm thinking of a sequel... Fan, comment, thanks for reading, Nathan has an amazing voice. Peace out people!

~Sophia