Banana Bread

"What? You want me to stay?"

I was shocked.

Draco had made it very clear that our relationship was strictly physical, nothing more.

"Just until you have calmed down at least, and then if you want to go back you can."

He laid down on his bed with his back resting against the pillows.

"Well don't just stand there" He said with a hint of disgust, but he caught it and motioned his hand for me to come to him.

I sat criss-cross on the edge of the bed facing him.

"It might be hard but, can you tell me why you're upset y/n?" Concern overpowering every undertone of his voice.

"Um..." I swallowed hard as I slowly spoke, "Th-the letter was a fu-funeral notice for m-my cousin Henrietta. W-we were super cl-close and I-"

I started to let more tears stream down my face when Draco put a firm hand on my calf.

"Keep going"

"My f-father told me that sh-she passed a-away before the game to-today. Henrietta w-was like my sister." I sobbed, burying my face into my hands.

Draco just sat there looking at me confused.

Draco's POV

I could tell that she was broken.

Her fragile self seated in front of me made me feel strange.

I wanted to give her some form of comfort, but I wasn't sure how.

I started stroking her calf with my right hand.

"Oh, Draco I'm so sorry, you should be celebrating with your friends-"

"Are you kidding me? How could I celebrate anything knowing this state you are in?"

"Draco you should just go to your team and I'll go back to my room; I'll be fine."

"You have to stop lying to yourself Kingsley!" I yelled, "You just lost someone that was very dear to you and you are balling your eyes out! How the hell are you fine!"

She looked at me stunned by my words, but probably more at the fact that I had deliberately yelled at her.

She was shaking a bit and I could see a single tear roll down her cheek as she looked like she was trying to keep her composure.

"I didn't mean it like that Kings, I swear!" I called loudly as I grabbed her upper arm before she could try to get off the bed.

I pulled her into my chest and kissed her lips softly.

"Please Draco I told you-"

"I know" I said as a flipped her body so her head was against my chest, "Just breath"

Y/n POV

I cried for 10 minutes about everything.

I didn't talk to Draco, and he didn't say a word, but just held me in his arms and stroked the left side of my head.

The warmth and soothing motions emitted from Draco made me tired, and as I slowly started to close my eyes, he cleared his throat.

"What do you want to do?"

"What?" I questioned half-awake

"Do you want to stay in here tonight?"

"Um, maybe I'll go-"