8; con

'i swear that one con has a thing for pain,' josh said as he walked to his fellow officer, gerard. 'a really big one.'

'what? who?' gerard asked, suddenly far more interested in what josh had to say than the keys he was arranging.

'guess,' josh slightly grinned, fiddling with his own keys.

'i don't know! tell me!' gerard whined, rolling his eyes at josh's satisfied smirk. 'iero?'

'joseph.'

'whaaat? no way!'

josh simply nodded and chuckled at gerard's shocked face.

'how'd you find out, anyway?' gerard questioned.

'he was giving me attitude again,' josh said. 'so i had to restrain him.'

'shit, dun. you don't suppose he might actually have a thing for you?'

'pfft, not a chance in hell. the fucker hates me,' josh sighed, turning to look towards the cells on his right hand side. 'not a chance at all.'

'why are you upset?' gerard asked with a sly smile on his face.

'i'm not upset!' josh exclaimed, looking back at gerard. all he got back was a knowing smirk from the guy. 'i am not. why would i be?'

'mm... well..' gerard shrugged. 'anyway, i have to go. gotta watch mikey tonight.'

'you piece of shit!' josh yelled after gerard as the red-head was walking away.
.

a sudden yell broke josh from his daze, and as he was trying to assess what was happening, he felt his cheeks burn from his previous thoughts. pushing the feeling and thoughts aside, he ran over to the far too familiar cell and flung the door open.

'joseph! toro!' josh angrily said as he was looking at the two me shouting at each other. 'what in god's name is happening?!'

as a few moments passed, josh could feel the other con's eyes burning holes into him, and josh couldn't help but shift awkwardly. this resulted in a satisfied grin on the con's face, making josh pissed. he was to be respected.

'joseph, why don't you walk me through what's happened?' josh asked, looking straight into the man's eyes, making him drop his smile and seemingly shrink in size. 'i'm waiting.'

'i-...' the brunet started. 'i was just, uh...'

'go on,' josh replied, still intensely staring at him.

'ray won't let me... uh..' the con tried, letting his gaze fall towards the floor as a furious blush was taking over his features.

'won't let you what?'

'get o-off...' he answered, looking miserable.

josh bit his lip unconsciously, still looking at the con in front of him. 'toro, no calls for a week. joseph, follow me.'