10; crumble

'josh, i can't do this anymore,' tyler said on a rainy sunday morning, staring out of the window. 'i'm not capable of handling this.'

'handling what..?' josh asked worriedly, averting his attention to his boyfriend from the tv. 'i thought you hadn't been feeling like that anymore..'

'i don't mean life... i mean us..'

'what...?'

tyler turned to look at josh, feeling guilty. 'i'm so sorry...'

'b-but... we.. we j-just g-got back together... t-tyler...' josh mumbled, tearing up. 'i-i thought y-you w-wanted this..'

'i know.. but i'm not strong enough...' tyler answered, looking at josh sadly. 'i'm so so sorry..'

'y-you don't l-love me... y-you never have...'

'that's not true josh, i love you more than anything.'

'th-then you wouldn't have made the r-rushed ch-choices...' josh said, staring at tyler, tears rolling down his cheeks. 'b-but you didn't c-care...'

'i did! i always did!' tyler said, getting frustrated with josh. of course he had cared, that's why they had broken up so many times. so that tyler could protect josh from his worst parts.

'no! no you didn't! you wouldn't have even started dating me if you did!'

'is that what you wish had happened..? never dating..?' tyler asked quietly.

'i don't know tyler. i just wish you hadn't broken me so many times,' josh answered, getting up. 'i'd better go home.'

'i'll t-text you...?' tyler asked with a hopeful tone, looking at josh. 'm-maybe we can t-try again after some time...'

'it's better if you just forget about me, tyler. for the both of us.'

'i-i...'

'i'm sorry.'