Dear Fred,

Dear Fred,

I watched from afar as you were sorted into Gryffindor House; where the brave dwell at heart. Any house would have been proud to have you and George. The two of you are smart, cunning, brave and loyal.

I saw a proud smirk appear on your face as you marched over to the Gryffindor table, it was quite charming. But I'd never forget the way you looked at me and winked. In that instant, I knew that I had a crush on you. But then again, how could anyone not have a crush on you? With deep brown eyes and flaming red hair like that, you'd be insane not to love it. It was mesmerising.

I was thrilled once you, George and Lee had began talking to me. I finally felt confidence, no longer lonely. I no longer had to watch you from afar, like a hunter stalks its prey. Except, I had no plans to harm you like a hunter would, of course. No, I'd see you in the halls and I would be unable to look away.

Luckily, no one had noticed yet. And hopefully, they never will. Because, you can't know that I like you. It would make things too complicated - too confusing. Besides, we're only 11. What good would a silly school crush do?

I'm not even sure why I'm writing this letter. It'll never be sent to you, and you'll never see them. I'll probably burn it sooner or later, or, hide it at the bottom of my trunk.

But, for now, I'll keep it. As a reminder of how silly this little crush is.

Love,
Y/n