We Could

Dear Fred,

It's been three years of knowing you. Three whole years. Three constant years of your face popping up in my head at the randomest times.

It get's annoying, you know. I just want to do my Herbology Homework and then your face appears in my head. I can't concentrate, at all. And the way you flirt and wink at me almost makes me think you're doing this on purpose. But you can't possibly know about my small school crush on you. I'd die of embarrassment.

This year, your little brother Ron came. He seemed nice and sweet. He was hanging out with the famous kid, Harry Potter. He's been the talk of the school. I knew that all of the Gryffindor's would be proud when he got onto the Quidditch team. Harry's a better seeker than Charlie, which I didn't think was possible.

I saw how happy you all were when Gryffindor won the house cup. It had been years since it had happened last. The way you cheered with that large handsome grin of yours made my heart flutter. But, this was only a school crush. It would be gone soon.

I think George is beginning to suspect my crush on you, but, hopefully not. He'd tell you instantly. George is like a brother to me, but, since you're his actual brother, it's different. Luckily, Lee hasn't noticed anything. He's more oblivious than a doorknob.

When the four of us went to Hogsmede for the first time; it was wonderful. We went to Zonkos, Honeydukes, and even the Shrieking Shack. I had so much fun. The butterbeer was brilliant, too.

I had been to Hogsmede before, but that was only because you and George brought Lee and I there. It was in our first year, remember? You had stolen some weird sketchy map. But, it worked. We didn't do much that night, but it was still fun.

I still do not know why I feel the need to write these. Perhaps, it's a coping mechanism? I'll never know. But what I do know, is that I'll never let you read these.

Love,
Y/n