More Time

Dear Fred,

I'm starting to think that maybe this isn't just a silly school crush anymore.

It's been five years. Five whole years. And I'm still obsessing over you. George confronted me about it when he saw me glaring daggers at the back of Angelina Johnson's head as she flirted with you.

Luckily, George wasn't mad at me. In fact, he turned into a massive fangirl about it. But more importantly, he didn't tell you. Which was good enough for me.

Lately, I've noticed you looking at Angelina. Staring. You look lovestruck, but I know you aren't. You don't look at her the same way I look at you. You look at her with lust, while I look at you with love. But, unfortunately, I don't think you realise that.

I felt my heart break when you asked her to hogsmede on a date. In front of the whole school. Merlin, do you know how to flatter a girl. Angelina looked like she was going to faint from her blush. Obviously, she had said yes. Who wouldn't? You're perfect. In my eyes, at least.

I didn't know how you could act so carefree, even though a murderer was on the lose. But, your carefree attitude only made me fall for you harder.

I was falling for you. Badly.

So, I decided to go on a date with someone. Cedric Diggory. He was charmingly handsome. Every girl wanted him, but I only wanted you. And that was a major problem. Because I couldn't have you. I remember the look of loathing on your face when I said that I went on a date with Diggory. You looked murderous. And I don't understand why.

You didn't talk to me for days. Which, was childish.

The only reason we began speaking again was because of Professor Lupin's boggart lesson. When we were supposed to learn about boggarts, Professor stuttering Quirell was teaching us. And the slimy git said he was too scared to let a wild boggart in his classroom.

When it was my turn to face my boggart, it surprised me when it had turned to you. You looked equally shocked. My greatest fear was either losing you, or falling for you. And I was starting to do both.

Luckily, we fixed our friendship up quite fast.

Even if I wanted more than to be your friend, if it was my only option, I'd stick with it.

Love,
Y/n