PS: Your Daughter

Dear Dad,

Hey, Dad. It's been 15 years since your death. I think mum is still expecting you to jump out of your coffin and to say it's a prank. But even she knows that it's unlikely.

I was going though mum's old things, when I found a box. Mum always said I was nosy, just like you. So, I obviously looked into the box. 10 letters layed in them, spelling out the words;

"Dear Fred, I Wish We Could Have Spent More Time With Eachother But Our Time Was Too Short, Love Y/n."

I read each letter thoroughly, Mum wasn't kidding when she said that your love story was clique. She often talks about you, you know? Even after 15 years - she still speaks of you like you're the most amazing human in the world.

I never really knew you, but Mum, Uncle George, and Lee talk about you every day. You did some crazy things at Hogwarts, didn't you? Setting a dragon firework on your teacher in your final year was, by far, your most coolest story.

But, anyways, I learnt how to produce a patronus the other day. It was a magpie. Just like yours and Uncle George's! Mum was tearful, but still proud of me. Mum was proud when I told her that I wanted to take over the shop that you and Uncle George made. Uncle George was proud too.

I hope you're proud. Mum goes to your grave every single day. But if she misses a day, she spends the entire next day at your tombstone apologising. She's only 36, and I don't think I've ever seen her make eye contact with another guy (that wasn't a friend or related to us).

She is obviously in love with you. And I love you for that, even if I've never met you.

Love,
Your daughter