But Our

Dear Fred,

Dark times were ahead, that was certain. Voldemort was back, but so was The Order of the Phoenix. But we didn't stand a chance, since the Ministry were a bunch of Prats.

I remember the screams and the yells that came from the Burrow during the first week of the Summer. I was there, with all of you, when Percy left. His words were cruel, but I knew he didn't truly believe what he was saying. The Ministry was corrupted, and so was he.

Everyone was depressed, even you. But luckily I was able to cheer everyone up - even in the slightest.

It was less than a week later when Dumbledore moved us to Grimmauld Place, where we met Sirius Black. It was terrifying, as we all (except Ron and Hermione) thought he was guilty. I remember how you leapt in front of me, with your wand drawn. You were ready to defend me.

But Dumbledore had quickly disarmed you, and explained that he was innocent. Despite knowing that we were safe, I found it cute that you kept me close to you.

When we went back to Hogwarts, it no longer had that homey vibe. It made me feel uncomfortable. We all knew it wouldn't be the same.

A certain pink woman by the name of Dolores Umbridge (better known as UmBitch) had shown up. She was horrible.

The first detention I spent with her, I didn't know what to expect. She didn't seem like the type of teacher to simply make the students "write lines". But, it didn't matter. As I found out my true punishment when I began writing. Blood quills.

The words, "I must not speak back to my superiors" were carved into the back of my hand. It was bloody painful, but I knew better than to let her know of the pain that I was in.

However, when Harry found out about my detention, he "snitched" on me to you and George. You guys were pissed when I showed you the scar. I had to stop you from murdering her, even though I wanted to aswell.

But then, Hermione told us her idea of making the DA (Dumbledore's Army). We were more than happy to do it, as Umbridge was being a complete cow.

Harry was a great teacher, he taught us so many spells. He even taught us the patronus charm. You and George shared the same patronus; a magpie. The way it flew around the room was magnificent.

And your goofy grin only made it better.

But then, Umbridge found us. Me, you, George and Lee were able to get away - and so did a few others. The aftermath was the worst part, as Dumbledore was now gone. Meaning Umbridge was the new headmistress. But that wasn't the worst news.

You were leaving.

You and George were leaving Lee and I, to open your joke shop. I didn't mind, as I wanted you to persue your dreams. But I didn't know if I could cope without you. I was going to miss you, dearly.

But the night before you left, was magical. We did "the deed" for the first time. We were both ready for it. And we were going to miss each other. It seemed like the right time.

But, after that, everything changed. You and George - the only happiness at Hogwarts - was gone. Lee and I would place nifflers in Umbridge's office, but, it wasn't the same.

Not without you.

But then one afternoon, I saw Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Luna Lovegood running frantically. Obviously, I was intrigued. So, I ran after them.

Sirius Black had apparently been taken by You-Know-Who.

I wanted to ask more questions, but the look of panic in Harry's eyes stopped me. We ended up getting caught in Umbridge's office.

Fast forward a few hours, and Sirius Black was dead. I had watched it happen. I watched as Bellatrix Lestrange fired a spell at Sirius, knocking him back into a strange archway. And, he was dead. The ghost of his last laugh was still on his face when he fell.

When we got back to Head Quarters, I was silent. I only knew Sirius for a year, but he had become a large part of my life. You and George were already there - panicking. I remember the look on your faces when you saw me.

It took many weeks, but I finally recovered. I felt bad for Harry, though. He really didn't deserve this.

Love,
Y/n