Ch. 14

(REY IN MM)
*chass*
I was sleeping when I heard my phone ringing. I looked at the clock and it was 2:30 a.m., Rey was calling me, tf she want this early?
(Phone convo)
Me: guh it's 3 in the mornin, the fuck you want?
Rey?:aye chill it's TeeCee! Rey in the hospital and she having the baby!
Me: but she not due until next month!
T: I know just you and Keenon hurry up an get here
Me: okay we gone be there soon *hangs up*
I look over at Keenon and start pushing him "nigga wake the fuck up". He rolls over and looks at me with sleepy eyes "what up ma?". "T just called and Rey in the hospital having the baby we gotta go" I explained. We got up and got dressed, Keenon wore his pajamas with his lazy ass. I put on some skinny jeans and and a hoodie with some black converse. We got in the Porsche and drove to the hospital. When we got there I ran to the front desk. "May I help you?" The lady asked. "Yes please tell me what delivery room Reyanne Hall is in". "One moment please" she checked her computer and smiled at me "she's in room 192 ma'am". "Okay thank you, my husband will be in right behind me tell him where I am please" I said. I ran to the elevator and pressed level 2, when the elevator stopped I ran until I found her room. I ran in and saw Rey laying there. T was literally crying, holding a pink blanket in his arm. I walked over and looked at the baby, she was beautiful and she looked just like Rey. I looked over at Rey, she was as pale as a nigga can get, all jokes aside. I went over and held her hand. "Rey baby, you did great, I love you bitch" she looked up and me and smiled weakly. "I love you more, bitch. Bring the baby over here". I got the baby and brought her to Rey. She kissed her cheek and stared at her. "Nevaeh La'Nae Hall, that's her name baby" T got the baby from me and he kissed Rey. "I love you chass". "I know girly, you told me that already" I giggled. "No Chass, forreal. I love you. Keep my memory alive." She said in between coughs. "Wait what do you mean Rey?" Before she could answer my question, her eyes slipped closed and her heart monitor flatlined. Then reality hit me. My best friend just died right in front of my eyes. I break down crying on the floor and Keenon finally runs in. He looks over at Rey's lifeless body, then at T and the baby, then me. He runs over to me and cuddles me on the floor. "I'm sorry ma, I'm so sorry, let it out baby". "She's gone! She can't be gone!" I scream into his chest. "I'm sorry chass, it's best to just go ma, please, let me take you home". Keenon says quietly. I let him pick me up while I'm still crying. We leave the hospital and I cry all the way home. My best friend is fucking gone man.