X

∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘

Going to the cafeteria was chaotic.

But most of all, actually managing to buy something from the cafeteria was the real challenge.

Simply getting to the counter meant having to shove yourself between all the other raging teenagers trying to do the same. Not to mention later on escaping from the hoard without dropping anything required quite some agility.

And for that reason, the popular group of friends would often take turns, if not after dueling in rock-paper-scissors, so someone would go do the task. Usually selecting the last two losers so they wouldn't be lonely.

Right now, Seokjin had successfully managed the previous trials, as he had lost the on the last round of rock-paper-scissors together with Yoongi, and was waiting for the later to be done with his.

Not gonna lie, he was pretty proud of himself. Despite of his large popularity, in cafeteria it didn't seem to matter. No one would make way for him to get through nor would they be gentler, it was like a battlefield. And he had managed to get through unscratched and with a very good timing. Now he was just waiting for Yoongi to gloat.

He stood at a safe distance from the crowd, hardly even hiding his proud grin. For everyone else that wasn't trying to buy or was just walking through, his figure really stood out. Such a peaceful stance while the others were practically fighting each other.
He was used to people staring at him, but this freshmen were bold. Even if he caught them staring they'd just giggle and continue staring at him, so he just turned around to avoid any more awkward eye contact.

"Woah, good job Jinnie!"

He heard that familiar voice. The voice that changed so much from the time they used to be inseparable. Even in the loud room he was able to distinguish it.

They had created secret nicknames for each other,she was the Sparkling Shining Star and somehow he only ended up as Jin.

"Huh?" He instinctively turned around to meet her, but he was a bit surprised when she suddenly turned as if her attention had never been on him.

Not only was she not even looking at him, but as he spun around he managed to almost crash into Wheein that had been walking backwards.

"Ah, sunbae"

Moonbyul was patting Hyejin's head, the younger holding a few items she'd just bought from the cafeteria. Both stopped once they heard Wheein call out to him as she bumped into him.

His tall figure looked so much larger beside Wheein, she looked smoll.

"Mianhae" Wheein bowed apologizing, picking up the products that he dropped due to the collision.

"That's alright" a soft smile on his lips. How could Taehyung be so afraid of her? She looked so sweet "did you say something?" He looked at Byulyi, his raised eyebrows showed an expectant look he didn't know he exhibited.

"Huh?" Her eyes looked around for a bit not understanding what he was talking about "no... Uh.." with an apologetic look now on her face, she tried to clarify "Jinnie" an awkward finger slowly pointing at her younger friend "Hyejinnie.."

There was a short pause.

Moon Byulyi's awkward stance didn't help make it any less uncomfortable.

Why would she ever call out to him in such a sweet and wholeheartedly way?

He would've blushed real hard, specially after those few seconds in which they were both processing what was said and looking for the best response, but Yoongi arrived just in time to spare him the embarrassment.