5 pt 1

"Hi is this Venus!" A female voice says.

"Yes who's asking?"
"Hi this is Joanne from the Atlanta FBI unit(we gone pretend Zion if from Atlanta) we have some news on your mothers tragic accident."

I paused for a second my moms case has been cold since it happened no one saw anything because of how late it was and the driver of the other car left.

"Ok what is it?" I say slowly.

"We have found the car that hit your mother." The woman said

"They are running test for fingerprints so I'll call back later have a good day."

I sit on my bed in shock.

FLASH BACK

I was getting ready to cheer at Friday night lights when I hear my mom yell "Venus get down here now we need to go."

" I'm coming!" I yell back.

Tonight was very important because Zion is playing and I'm his girlfriend now so it's big.This was the only night she was really ever home and I loved her watching me cheer.

"V LETS GO!"

"IM COMING!" I run down the stairs without doing my mental check list of everything I needed for tonight. We drive listening to music and dancing. When I get there I jump out the car while she goes to park.

"Girls get your Pom Pom's out and practice before everybody gets here." We nod and go to our bags.

That's when I realized that I left them at home now I have to ask my mom to go get them. She's not going to be happy but it's for a good cause.

" Mom!" I yell at the bleachers. She comes to the bottom.

" I'm sorry but I need you to go get my Pom Pom's from home." I say all in one.

" Really Venus?" She looks at me like I'm such a forgetful person. Like I'm a disappointment to her.

My mom gets mad at little things so I was expecting this. " I'll go get it forget I asked." I say reaching for the keys.

"No I'll go but you're giving me gas money." I nod as she walks to the car.

VANESSA'S POV (Venus's mom)
She know not to leave those things. She's so forgetful! I start driving heading to the house when I get stopped my a red light. As i wait for the light I get a text from my assistant. The light turns green and I got but then I hear a car horn honk. I look up and see car lights flashing and then everything goes black.

VENUS'S POV
I end up borrowing another girls Pom Pom's because mom never brought them but we ended up winning the game.

"Bae can you give me a ride home my mom left but never came back?"

" Yeah just let me get my stuff then we can go." I nod and sit on the bleachers scrolling through my phone.

I have like 10 missed calls from a random number. I call the number back because I'm curious.

"Hello?" I say.

" Hi is this Venus?" The voice says.

" Yes?"

" Hi I'm Nurse Sally from Atlanta medical. Your mom is here. She got into a car accident and she's in very bad condition you need to come in as soon as possible."

I don't say anything.

"Hello, are you there?"

"Um yeah I'm here I'm on my way."

I try to find Zion but by the time I do he's walking out the door. I run up to him in a panic.

" Zion we need to go to the hospital my mom is there and they said she's in bad condition and she might not have long and I don't want my last memory of her to be a bad one so I need to drive me please." I say breathing hard.

"I got you just try and breathe. It's gonna be ok." He says picking me up bridal style putting me in the car.

The car ride was quite but I  cried the whole way.

" I'm looking for Vanessa Parrish." I say to the woman at the desk.

"You're Venus?"

"Yes now tell me where she is."

" Baby calm down it's going to be ok." He says wrapping his arms around me.

Sally leads us to the room but before she opens the door she says "She has a lot of broken bones, a tube down her throat and a machine is breathing for her right now. So just prepare yourself."

She opens the door and I break down into Zion's arms. I run to her bed side "Can she hear me?" Sally nods before leaving the room.

"Mom I'm sorry please just wake up and I promise I will never forget anything again and I'll be on my best behavior and I'll never be a bad daughter." Zion wraps his arms around me with tears in his eyes. I sit there waiting for her to open her eyes or say something at last but it's quite.

Then one of the machines started beeping. A nurse runs in the room. " CODE BLUE GET ME A CRASH CART IN HERE NOW!"

"You can't be in here!" Someone yells but I'm stuck I can't move. Zion pulls me out.

"What if that was it what if that's the last time I see my mom Z." I say with my eyes watering up.

"That's not going to happen she's gonna be ok it's your mom we're talking about you know she's gonna be ok.

We sat in the hall seeing doctor coming in and out of the room until her doctor come out.

We stand up and by the look on his face I know I just know what's he's about to say.

"Because your mother's heart couldn't take all of the trama from the accident we tried to resuscitate her but our efforts were not enough at 12:30 pm she died I'm so very sorry for your loss."

My heart sunk and I fell to the floor I can't describe the feeling I felt. I heard nothing but a static sound and Zion's voice echoing. I don't remember much after that but I do know that when I got home I lost it. I tried to keep it together for a while but I lost the battle.

A/N:
I couldn't wait to write this chapter for you all and hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.- KK