Chapter 6 - CRDL vs One Guitar Boi

(Y/n)'s POV

Cardin: "This is the part where you lose."

Jaune: "Over my dead-!"

Jaune is cut short as Cardin knees him in the gut, making him drop his sword and fall on the ground in pain. Cardin raises his mace over his and is about to slam it down just when the buzzer rings and Glynda's voice causes him to stop.

Glynda: "Cardin, that's enough! Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match. Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your Scroll during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now, would we?"

Cardin: "Speak for yourself..." Cardin mutters as he walks off the arena.

Glynda: "Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!"

The bell rings, and we start leaving while Pyrrha continues to frown sadly at the shameful Arc. I put a hand on her shoulder.

(Y/n): "Don't worry about him, he'll learn eventually." I say as she smiles brightly at me.

Pyrrha: "Yeah, eventually..." She says as she looks back at Jaune, who put his head down in shame.

Time Skip Brought To You By: Chibi (Y/n) losing all his picks.

Nora: "-So! There we were, in the middle of the night..." Nora yelled from our lunch table.

Ren: "It was day." Ren added.

Nora: "We were surrounded by Ursai..." She says as me, Ruby, Pyrrha, and Yang listen intently to her story.

Ren: "They were Beowolves." He interrupted.

Nora: "Dozens of them!"

Ren: "Two of 'em." Ren informed as I noticed Jaune playing with his food.

Nora: "But they were no match... And in the end, Ren and I took them down and made a boatload of Lien selling Ursa skin rugs!"

Ren: "She's been having this recurring dream for nearly a month now." He said with a sigh.

Pyrrha: "Jaune? Are you okay?" Pyrrha said, noticing Jaune's glum look as well.

Jaune: "Huh? Oh, yeah! Why?" He perked up.

Ruby: "It's just that you seem a little...-" She says as she tries to find the appropriate words, but I cut her off.

(Y/n): "Not okay." I said bluntly.

Jaune: "Guys, I'm fine. Seriously! Look!" Jaune said with a nervous chuckle as he tried his best to look positive.

Pyrrha: "Jaune, Cardin's been picking on you since the first week of school!"

Jaune: "Who? Cardin Winchester? Nah... He just likes to mess around! You know, practical jokes!"

Ruby: "He's a bully."

Jaune: "Oh, please! Name one time he's 'bullied' me."

(Y/n): "What about the time he knocked your books out of your hand?" I ask him.

Flashback

Jaune is seen on the way to class as Cardin is going the other way down the hall. When the two pass, Cardin knocks his arm into Jaune and makes him drop his book, then continues on his way.