A NEW ERA

A soft groaning noise is heard as the office door knob is held gently, turned, and then pushed. The door creeped open with ease. Haturii, a man recognized by his light goatee, developed eye bags and worn out appearance emerged from the open door, taking some steps forward to the two other hardcore police officers who sat at the table, engaged in the comically manly activity of playing poker whilst drinking and before you judge them for it, do remember that if your job was as stressful as procuring law and order in the state or helping out isolate, secure and contain various set of anomalies be it of various size and classifications, you'd probably drink too.

Sometimes, these retrieval events are uneventful. Othertimes, not so much, especially when they're dealing with brutal forces of nature.

But then again, their jobs were about to get a little more stressful.

"Welcome back," one of the officers greeted as soon as he walked in.

"So, how did it go?" The other asked.

Haturii, with weary-eyes, only let out his signature tired sigh, dropping the files and thick portfolios that had been given to him on the office table. This made the two others take a glance at one another then back to Haturii, their heads turned.

"That bad, ah?" The second officer stated.

The man sitting across from them now picked up, "Notify the Claives on patrol. We've got a rogue anomaly on the loose, containment cell 096. A type-H humanoid-like." Were the words that left the young officer Haturii's lips in his usual blasè and unenthusiastic attitude.

"Right!" The first officer gave the response before walking out the office.

"What, again?! Not just another attempt but it got loose this time? Those people could never hold these damn things down," the other gave the response, reaching for the files dropped on the table - The little stack of thin paper, small and yet crucial, held bound by a single staple in the top left corner. "So how dangerous is this one now?!" He asked.

He looks over the folder.
There is nothing on the cover but the Foundation's own logo, printed on it's surface in simple black design so he opens it and began looking inside, skimming over the long dry paragraphs that say nothing at all and seem to be in every Foundation report for some reason.

Ah, there it is.

Contents.

He paused, flipping through the pages of the folder.
"RSCP-004, eh? Let's see...
Able to produce heat signatures rivaling that of the sun," he read out loud then closed the folder almost as quickly, "Okay now, we sure do got our hands full with this one. Wouldn't you say?" He followed with the snarky comment. This would be where the suits' usefulness would come in handy. The only question was whether they'd be up to the task. Haturii didn't have time to ponder anymore on this question. Time was of the essence, after all,

"Oh, and what about the two trouble maker kids you've got babysitting," the officer continued, "Orange and Yuķimo, was it?"

"It's Orenji and Yukira," he corrected morosely, a tone of tiredness hanging off his every word.

"Right. Right. I never do seem to get their names right. Do I?"

"No. You don't. I gave them the day off," Haturii replied, "keeps them on the low end of things, to keep their minds at ease and off stuffs like these for a while."

"Yeah? Or... maybe you just don't want them getting in the way."

"I don't want them getting involved." Haturii answered. "I don't want them getting hurt. Category 3s? Not something you'd expect break out every now and then."