AN INTERVENTION

Funny how certain words can remain hidden from the mind no matter how blatant or seemingly obvious they are.

His long pointed ears twitched as if for a moment, catching a sound of sorts. One, he could barely familiarize.

There were often sounds he could subconsciously pick up on but don't always often seem to notice. Sounds such as the click, tick and shhh of every speech, the more obscure sounds that can lead reality to a scene. But the one he'd heard now was unlike any of these sounds.

Tapping his foot incessantly against the ground, whilst beating time with his hand against his thigh like some sort of metronome, he could have chosen to let this go, but the temptation of feeding his curiosity was too much to resist. He followed the sound, looking around to seek out the source of the interruption and leaving behind Orenji who stood watching dumbfounded.

It wasn't that far off actually. The sound he'd heard came from right underneath him.

The closer he came to the bridge's railings, the closer he heard. The closer he could see, feel the tension, the panic the air brought along with it. It wasn't coming off him nor was it from Orenji, but of someone. It was a chemo signal, no doubt. One of fear, he sensed.

He held onto the bridge's railings, peering down and looking around below.

It must be the same nearly-disabling fear that'd become part of his life, making itself known once again. His memories were a maze of confusion. He'd tried piecing them together right from his moment of liberation or so he called it, but no such luck.

"You're a pretty weird guy. You know that, right?!" He was told.

Out of nowhere came the strange sounds again that caught his ear and Kiel realized these weren't just ordinary noises, but one of a struggle. There was no way he could have imagined it. It was far too loud and clear for that.

His eyes darted down the scene, searching frantically below, urgently scanning the area, and on some teenagers, three of them actually, his gaze laid dead set on. They were cornering a kid not more than 8 years of age into an alleyway, something of interest curled in the latter's arms. As though he offered it protection from harm, it seemed.

In particular, the source of the sounds.

Bullying.

This was something the Kaiju despised and if it did happen to come in human form, he would knock it's teeth right out no problem.

Humans are fond mostly of this act; majority being the victims while others, the punishers, and he'd had just about enough of it. The emotional stigma attached to it, the depression, the anxiety involved - These bullies needed be taught their place and he was ready to inflict the punishments. He was ready to be their punisher.

Without a seconds thought, he held the bridge's railing tightly with both hands and with his mind made up already, he leapt across.
He leapt right off the bridge.

"Oh no," Orenji found himself mutter in disbelief. He hurried toward the spot Kiel once stood, looking cautiously below, as if expecting to see a body or something, but there's nothing.

What is this, magic? His heart questioned him. "Well, only one way to find out." cluelessly saying, he leaned in close at the bridge with the intention of jumping off and crossing over to where his new friend had gone, oblivious to the fact that if he pulled through with this, the one place he'd be landing or crossing over to is the Afterlife. Although he had the best of intentions for a 13 year old, executing such in such a way was just plain stupidity. Even without needed be told. He tried to see this plan of his through. Unbeknownst to him, he was staring basically into the jaws of death if not already in it, but then came the revelation. The rude awakening in human form.