I'll Give You a Show

"I know they're firebenders!" Jet exclaimed, unsheathing his dual swords. "I saw the old man heating his tea!" 

  A Dai Li guard sitting at one of the tables gave Jet a perplexed glance. "...He works in a tea shop?"

 "He's a firebender!" He shouted. "Ask (Y/N) here, She'll tell you."

 "Jet, you're being delusional." I told him. "Please, just stop. You don't know what you're doing." Toph and Kumi glanced at me, eyes full of confusion and concern.

  "(Y/N) what's going on?" Toph asked. How was I supposed to get out of this? Toph would know if I was lying.

 "I'll explain it all later. I promise." 

 "Drop your swords, boy. Nice and easy." The Dai Li guard ordered Jet, sternly. Him and another guard stood up as they prepared themselves for Jet's next move. Jet moved towards Iroh and Zuko, swords crossed over his chest as a smirk grew on his face.

 "You'll have to defend yourself, then everyone will know. Go ahead! Show them what you can do." He spat. The Dai Li guard went for his sword but the sword was instead taken by Zuko who stepped forward.

 "You want a show? I'll give you a show." He pulled one of the tables in front of him and kicked it towards Jet. Jet sliced it out of the way and leaped towards Zuko. I watched as the two of them fought in perfect sync, both equally skilled. They charged through the window sending glass and debris flying every which way. I got up from my seat and hurriedly ran outside, Toph and Kumi trailing behind me. The two of them struggled, pressing their blades against one another's.

 "Jet, cut it out!" I yelled.

"Why? Scared I'm gonna hurt your firebender boyfriend?"  

"She's not my girlfriend!" Zuko said between blows. I ignored the stinging in my chest that grew from hearing him say that. He swung at Jet who ducked just in time, Zuko's blade slicing the piece of hay between Jet's teeth. Jet leaped on top of a nearby well.

"You see that? The Fire Nation is trying to silence me! It'll never happen." He leaped off of the well and towards Zuko with a yell. The two of them continued to quarrel, the sound of blades hitting against each other rang through the air. A crowd grew as the Dai Li approached the scene.

 "Drop your weapons!" They demanded. Jet and Zuko retreated from each other.

 "Arrest them! They're firebenders!" Jet yelld, pointing towards Zuko and Iroh.

"This poor boy is confused." Iroh explained. "We're just simple refugees." Poor Jet. He was right, but for all the wrong reasons.

"This young man wrecked my tea shop and assaulted my employees!" The owner of the shop shouted, gesturing towards Jet. The Dai Li headed towards Jet.

"Come with us, son." Ropes were wrapped around Jets wrists as he struggled against them.

 "You don't understand! They're Fire nation!" He shouted as the Dai Li officers pulled him into a truck. He gave me one last pleading look before they shut the doors to the truck. I turned away walking through the crowd with my head down. My heart raced as I realized the situation I had gotten myself into. Toph and followed after me.

"(Y/N), wait!" Toph called out to me. "You have to tell me what's going on."

"Toph, I don't know how!" I turned to face her, tears brimming my eyes. "I don't have a clue where to start. I care about you and the gang, but I care about Zuko too and I--"

"What do you mean you care about Zuko? Isn't he kind of our enemy?" Confusion gripped her face. Panic rose in my chest.

"I just- I see good in him, and I have ever since I got to know him when he captured me. Trust me, I wish I didn't. I wish I could see him the way that you guys do, but no matter how hard I try I can't." Then it was silent. The silence was heavy, and the loudest I'd ever heard.

"Look. I don't know much about this Zuko kid, and if I'm being honest I could care less about whatever is going on between you two. You're my best friend, and I trust you. All I care about is that you're safe and that being honest with me." Relief flooded over me as I let out a sigh. 

 "Do you promise you won't tell the rest of the gang?" I asked.

 "Yeah, sure. Whatever floats your boat." I smiled.

"Thanks so much, Toph." I ran to embrace her in a tight hug. Kumi ran over to us. 

 "There you guys are!" She said. "That was unexpected wasn't it? Didn't that boy say you knew those tea shop workers, (Y/N)?" I let out an exasperated sigh.

"It's a long story."

_________________________________________________ 

   The moonlight shone down on the road that led to the university. Despite Toph's pleading to come with me to meet Zuko and hide in secret, I told her that I would be fine on my own. So, here I was. Ba Sing Se at night growing more familiar to me the more time I spent in it. I approached the university and snuck behind the building. I plopped down on the ground in the same spot as last night.

  I waited wondering if maybe todays little incident with Jet had scared him off, until I heard footsteps draw closer to wear I sat. 'There he was' I thought to myself, a smile dancing on my face as I stood to meet him. 

 "Hey, Zu--" I gasped, meeting eyes with Princess Azula who stared right back at me with a wicked grin. 

 "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but my pathetic little brother couldn't make it." She clicked her tongue in pity, walking closer to me. She grabbed my chin, pulling me closer to her face. "Luckily for you I decided to take his place." Suddenly I felt a hand poke me in several different places, leaving my body feeling limp as I fell to the ground. I tried to move, but to my dismay I couldn't move a muscle. I was paralyzed.