Chapter 2

The day everything fell apart was the day the Tewkesbury's decided to throw a tea party for their friends. It was early morning and I was in the kitchen, preparing many of the treats they would have. It was quite busy and hectic with many people around but me managed to get by. I hear a knock on one of the doors and turn my head to see Lord Tewkesbury already coming inside, with a smile on his face.

Many of the servants either bowed or lowered their heads at him, despite the amount of times he'd ask them not to, while he made his way towards me. His smile never faded. "What you doing, Lea?"

"Just putting one of the many pies, your mother demanded us to make, into the oven," I reply with a huff while placing my hands on my hips and turning to talk to him. However, he was leaning his top body on the counter, his hand was supporting his head and staring at me with his soft, brown eyes.

He kept on smiling, even showing his pearly white teeth, and I instantly knew something was off. I tilt my head to the side and glare at him. "No." Was all I could say.

Tewkesbury immediately gets up off the counter and waves his arms around,"You didn't even know what I was going to say!"

"I didn't have to!" I hit him on the shoulder with a cloth that was nearby and start collecting the tea cakes and assembling them on a platter. "I know that you've got a silly idea in that cute head of yours and I also know for a fact is that you want me to help you with this heist, which will undisputedly fail."

Obviously, Tewkesbury was ignoring what I was saying and was trying to reach out for one of the cakes but I slap his hand away, in which he does the most baby-ish thing to do and pretend to cry.
I roll my eyes at him and decide to give him one. His eyes widened instantly and snatches the piece of cake out of my hands. "Thank you," he mumbles, with cake in his mouth and crumbs on his lips.

I frown. "Gosh, Tewkesbury, you're such an idiot." I go and find a cloth to clean his face while he tries defending himself. It's kinda true though. One time, when we were younger, we were in his treehouse and he thought is was a good idea to climb onto a branch and  jump down from its height.

××××

"Tewkesbury, you're going to break your legs!"

"No I won't. I'm a big boy!"

Young Tewkesbury crawls onto the branch which although it was the nearest to the ground, it still was very high. However, he didn't care at all: Cecilia did.

"Tewkesbury stop! You're mother is going to be very mad!"

The young boy laughs at her. "She's always mad at me! Makes no difference!"

He crawls further away from Cecilia and the treehouse until he got to the spot he wanted to be. "Okay," he said,"prepare to see the best jump in the entire world you'll ever see!"

A few seconds later, you could hear crying from below the tree.

××××

"I have never done anything terrible in my life!" Tewkesbury complains and I walk over to him and scoff.

"Yes you have, you idiot." I try to wipe the crumbs away but he moves away and furrows his eyebrows together with a puzzled look on him face. "What?"

"You just called me an idiot..."

"Shut up."

"I have never been insulted like this in my entire life..."

"Tewkesbury..."

"I'm sorry, it's just too much!" He covers his face with his hands and pretends to sob once again. Enough with his dramatics, I grab his arm and wipe the crumbs off his face and suit. "Drama queen," I mumble.

"So here's my plan," he starts off saying, showing that he really didn't listen to anything I had said.
"At the beginning of the party, everything will go smoothly: I'll interact with some guests and 'laugh' at their jokes while you continue to serve some food."

He then starts to whisper,"Then, at around 11:15, you will go to your room, which is behind the-"

"I know where my room is..."

"Yeah! Okay, you go in there and you will see some clothing on your bed; wear them. No questions, got it?"

"You do know that I'm not actually agreeing to this plan of yours, I just wanna hear it."

"Please Lea!" He begs,"This plan'll be worth it, I promise."

I sigh. "Fine. What's the next step of this heist of yours?"

"Right so, as soon as you're dressed, keep your head down and come back to the ball room and wait for me. From there, just follow my lead."

"Tewkesbury, if this is just gonna be some game to you, I could loose my job."

He grabs both of my hands and reassures me."Well, you won't have to worry about that, Lea. Just follow me and I'll keep you safe," he looks me in the eye and brings my hand to his lips and kisses it. "I promise."

I look at him to search in his eyes to see if there was even just a hint of uncertainty his own plan: there was not. "Okay, I trust you."

Author's note:

This was a bit long I guess, geesh!

Well, like this chapter if you've enjoyed this story so far, it would make me feel better about myself :)

Bye, stay safe guys!

-Lara