Chapter 6

As the train continues to to move, so do we. "Where are we going?" Tewkesbury asks Enola impatiently.

"I don't know yet, let me think!" Enola snaps.

She stops and looks around a carriage full of surprised adults and Tewkesbury smiles politely, "Terribly sorry."

We stop at the end of the train where we could see the tracks running below us. Tewkesbury tries to speak over the wind "Is this truly the best way to come?"

"Can you think of a better way?!" I shout at him, tired of his bickering. Enola jumps over and successfully held onto the coal carriage and walks slowly around to the other side as I go next. I slowly hover my foot above the chains holding the two carriages together and quickly grab onto the rail and follow Enola. Then, Tewkesbury was by my side but he was heavily breathing and kept his face looking up towards the sky. I grab his hand and look at him with reassurance.

He smiles at me and Enola's head pops out from the corner. "Do you two trust me?" She shouts. I turn to her and shout back, "Yes!"

"No!" Was Tewkesbury's reply.

"Well you're gonna have to because if we time this correctly, we can leave him stranded!"

I furrow my eyebrows. "Time what correctly?" I asks. "Our jump!" She responds back.

"Alright listen to me Enola. We've already had our adventure and we are not going to jump off a moving train!" I shout at her.

"No you listen to me!" She shouts back. "We've have two choices!"

"And which one involves us not dying?"
Tewkesbury joins in the conversation. Suddenly the man appears at the door and Enola shouts, "This one!"

She grabs my hand and with Tewkesbury's hand in my other, we all jump, screaming. We land on the grass yet we tumble down the hill. I groan in pain as the train speeds past us, the man in the bowler hat slowly becoming a dot. I relax and just lie on my back and stare into the sky as I hear Enola commenting on Tewkesbury's screams.

"You do make an awful lot of noise, don't you?"

"Well, it turns out, being thrown off a train hurts considerably more than you think." Enola huffs in annoyance and lies down beside me. "And I've lost a button."

I chuckle. "Yeah cause that's your only concern right now." Enola giggles as Tewkesbury sits up and stares me down. "I'm sorry is me losing a button amusing to you ladies?"

"Well yeah, unless you want us to find it for you, your majesty," Enola remarks.

"I would like that very much actually, thank you."

Suddenly, Enola and I burst out laughing, Tewkesbury looking at us all confused. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing it's just..." Enola tried to speak but she couldn't stop laughing and neither could I. "You're concerned about a button you've lost but not your friend."

Tewkesbury's eyes widen as he scoots over to me. "Oh! Are you alright?"

Enola and I calmed down our laughing and I stand, holdingout my hand to help Enola up. "No, no, I'm fine it's just if we ever end up in a situation like this, you better not have any buttons on you." Enola giggles as we both start walking down hill, leaving Tewkesbury to walk behind us, mumbling, "I'll never understand girls."

××××

Despite our weird bonding together, Enola became disappointed on our journey. "You do know that you two have entirely ruined phase three of my plan?" She questions us as we walk across the hills. What is she on about?

"Phase what?" I ask her.

"Phase three of her plan," Tewkesbury responds instead, thinking that I couldn't hear her. I only roll my eyes and Enola refuses to answer my question. "Look Enola," I grab her arm and she turns round and stops walking.

"You already know quite enough about Tewkesbury and I, but we barely know much about you except for the theory of you running away or towards something. And, I believe that our recent brush of death should bring us closer together. Starting with your real name." Enola furrows her eyebrows together and cocks her head slightly to her side. "I thought I gave you my name?"

"Yes, you did. However I'm confident in saying that 'Wright' isn't your surname. So what is it really?"

Enola hesitates to respond and yanks her arm away and huffs. "Enola Holmes."

Tewkesbury's eyes widen in shock. "Holmes, like Sherlock?"

"Yes and I am undercover, so forget I told you that piece of information," Enola calmly says as we continue walking.

I scoff. "Believe me, that information will stay in his brain until the end of time."
"Are you working undercover for him?" You could see a glint of excitement in Tewkesbury's eyes as he questions Enola. Cute...

"Undercover from him, actually."

"Hence why you are dressed up as a boy-"

Enola stops him from continuing and glares at him. "Hence why you are to say nothing!" She continues to walk ahead of us both. I stand by Tewkesbury and look up at him, who just stares at Enola. Suddenly, I felt a pain in my chest. A rush of envy came over me but I don't know why.

"What do you think of her?" I ask Tewkesbury, hoping he'd be blunt with his answer.

"She's alright." He nods his head to me and scrunches his nose. "Bit too aggressive for my liking." We both walk alongside each other, me looking down at my feet and him admiring the view.  He sighs in relief and smiles. "So this is what freedom feels like?" he asks me.

I smile at him. "Pretty much. You like it?"

"I love it," he opens his arms and takes in the breeze and brings me in for a hug at his side. "And I'm glad you're here with me." I look up to see him smiling down at me and I do the same to him. Suddenly, the pain that was once in my chest was long gone and replaced with a warm feeling that seemed somewhat familiar to me. However, that feeling vanished when we could hear Enola shouting from a distance, telling us we needed to keep up with her.

xxxx

This chapter makes no sense whatsoever I'm sorry I kinda rushed it. Hope you like it and please like this chapter if you want more. I'm having online class now and I'm meant to do work but here I am!