Another chance?

Emotions were a mess, she was a mess right now. She never looked so stressed in her life ever since you met her. She was about to implode. She hesitated between many choices but she couldn't choose. Hug you? To make sure you were real or simply let you in? Would you even accept her touch? She had never been so doubtful. She was so sure of herself but right now, she couldn't afford to lose you again.

She stayed speechless for quite some time, it was beginning to become awkward. You decided to step into her bedroom, noticing from the corner of your eyes her teary eyes and hearing her sigh of relief. You pointed at the chair, staring at her.

You hadn't noticed it before, caught up in your feelings. Now that you were looking at her through clear eyes, you could say she was tired. Dark bags under her eyes, dirty clothes and a messy hairstyle. Her eyes were red, although in this darkness you had to focus on it to discern it. Her steps were heavy. She sat on the chair, using the back of it to place her arms on it. There was a short silence. Then you began speaking, explaining the reason for your presence, here in the Talon base.

"I want to make it clear beforehand, I'm still mad at all of you-" her breath hiccuped but you ignored it. "-And I'm surely going to be for a long time." You breathed deeply in, feeling yourself shaking. You rubbed the palm of your hand to ease the feeling. "I've seen some friends, yours and mine. I had a nice break and they helped me as well. And during that break, I've come to the conclusion that I want to give this another try." You saw the tear rolling her cheek even if she tried to hide it. You coughed in your hand, you knew you were getting teary as well but you had to keep ongoing. There was still something you had to say.

"This time no more lies, we tell each other everything. I don't- I don't want to discover things like last time. If there are more lies, I'm gone. You have a second chance but not a third. As I said, I haven't forgiven you everything. There are so many things we need to talk about but I can't reject the fact I appreciated most of the time I spent with you and your- our family." She couldn't hold her tears back, she sniffed as she wiped off her tears. You soon joined her though you didn't bother to rub them as she engulfed you in a hug. She trapped your arms on the side so you had a hard time hugging her back.

"Pensé que te habíamos perdido mi vida, ¡estoy tan contenta de que hayas vuelto! (I thought we had lost you my life, I'm so glad you came back!)" She sobbed during her speech. You cried with her, patting her back.

"Será mejor que no me hagas huir de nuevo entonces... (You better not make me run away again then...)" You joked. She released you from the embrace, holding both of your cheeks in her hands.

"It's a promise then, I can't believe you've grown so much. Wait- I'm sounding like a mother...." she groaned as she plopped down on her bed. You sat down on the chair, looking around. It hadn't changed a bit, although it looked smaller than before. You were indeed growing.

"Why don't you go take a shower? I didn't want to say it, but you stink a little bit." She faked being hurt, placing a hand on her chest.

"Oh yeah? Do you want me to remind you of all the times you-"

"Okay! I think I'm gonna see the others to- well, you already know about what..." You cut her short, blushing from embarrassment at the memories. You stood up then you opened the door.

"Hey-" you turned around, meeting with her gaze. She had a genuine smile. "-thanks, no more lies. Promise," she held up her pinky. You sighed but you approached her nonetheless, holding your pinky up. You wrapped it around hers, sealing the promise. You left her room, searching for the others. You had no idea if they were on a mission or not.

"Is that you, (Y/n)?" You turned around at the mention of your name. You raised your eyes, smiling a little bit, seeing a familiar face.

"Hey uncle Sig," you greeted him. He closed his folder, placing back his glasses on his nose.