you hog the blankets

Danielle let out a yawn as sleep started to finally hit her. After spending the last thirty minutes tossing and turning and staring at the ceiling, the day was catching up to her and she was ready to cave into the tiredness.

With the warmth of the blankets and you lying beside her, she thought she was well on her way to drifting into a peaceful slumber.

However, as quickly as her eyes slipped closed they opened just as fast only a few short seconds later. The blanket was slipping off of her and the cool air in the bedroom was hitting her skin.

She tried to tug at the edges of the blanket, thinking she could secure it over herself again and lay on it to ensure that you couldn't pull it away again.

But you were tossing and turning in your sleep, determined to wrap yourself in the cozy comforter, despite most of it already enveloping you.

"No, Y/N," she whined tiredly, tugging at it again and again.

It's taken her so long to get this sleepy and she didn't want to lose it now. But feeling restless and cold without the warmth of the cozy blanket over her, she knew she'd be lying restless for hours to come.

"Y/N," she groaned. "Give it back."

You put your head back on the pillow after pulling it off of her completely. Smiling in your sleep just a bit, satisfied that you were now totally wrapped up in it.

"Y/N, wake up," she tapped your shoulder, but when you didn't stir she decided to shake your shoulder instead. "Y/n,"

You started to stir, turning onto your back and laying your forearm over your eyes to block out any light that could disturb you.

"Y/N,"

"What?" You whined tiredly.

"You're hogging the blankets."

You just bummed and turned onto your stomach, facing away from her and leaving her surprised.

"Y/n," she shook your back. "Y/N if you don't give me part of the blanket right now I will pull that one off of you and lay my cold hands and cold feet on your skin if you don't give me part of it."

You turned over suddenly. One eye open, one eye closed, throwing part of the blanket to her before turning back onto your stomach.

Behind you, Danielle let out a soft sigh and closed her eyes again. She tried to curl up to you, only for you to pull away.

"Don't put your cold body against mine." You grumbled, making her chuckle.

"Ah, don't be like that." She chuckled. "I love you. I just got cold, baby. I'm tired and just want to get to sleep."

She wrapped her arms around you and you let your head fall back against her shoulder.

"I know. Sorry I hogged the blankets." You mumbled.

"It's okay. Sweet dreams. Love you lots." She whispered and kissed your neck softly before finally falling asleep.