Ch. 7

The rest of the night was spent talking with Kirishima and Kaminari. It was quite peaceful from a distance and I soon fell asleep. The morning came and I had a bowl of fruits next to my right and a sleeping Kaminari to my left. I ate my fruits while watching him sleep, eventually I started looking around. Maybe someone made a mistake by leaving the keys within reach. I think back to where they were at first and saw I was near that table coincidentally. I go over to the drawer and open it and inside are in fact the keys. It was perfect, now all I needed was to make sure Kaminari didn't wake up. That wouldn't been near impossible with him right next to the chain, it'd be to loud, so I close the drawer. I'll make my escape next time he goes to get food. I love Kaminari, but there was no way I was staying here. So while Kaminari continues to sleep, I braid his hair. He slowly wakes up as I do a third braid.

"Mornin' Midoriya," he yawns and rubs his eyes.

"Morning."

"Have you eaten yet?"

"Yep, now stop moving." He was messing up my braid.

"Alright," Kaminari chuckles as he lays back down. I finish the braid and he sits up. He braids some of my hair and I braid some of his. We do this for hours talking as well until Kirishima comes in with dinner. It was a vegetarian lasagna and it was delicious. We talked until I got an idea.

"I'm tired guys, I think I might go to sleep," I yawn.

"Oh. Yeah guess it is pretty late. Come on Denks, let's let him sleep." Perfect.

"Alright, night Midoriya." Double Perfect.

"Goodnight Kaminari," Triple perfect. I lay down on the pillows and wait. I need to make sure they stay away. I lay for hours it felt like then, when I was sure no one was near, I go to where the keys where and insert them into the cuff on my ankle. With a twist and a very audible *cachunk* of the cuff unlocking, I was free. I returned the keys to their place and closed the cuff to make it look like I just slipped out. I left the tent, peaking out very quietly, and no one was out. Everyone was in their tents, so I make my way over to Kaminari and Kirishima's tent and peak in to see them asleep, cuddling, so I go over to the table with the maps and through the dimming candle light, I see which way I needed to go, west. If I go dead west, I should make it to some part of a Smeraldo village, and so I leave the tent, I leave the camp ground, and I enter the forest. Heading west, I run. I run far and fast, I run through the night and don't stop until the sun rose. When it did, I walked. I had energy, I had eaten earlier, I was prepared, ish.

I climb a tree, I was tired from running and needed sleep, and I wasn't about to make the mistake that got me into the mess I was in. I sleep in the tree until the sun went down, then went back to running west. I ran until I smelled it, or him. It was the strong smell of Spiced Apple and Campfire came from the East. I climbed a tree. Maybe he'll go right past me. Questions flooded my head, how did he already find me? Was my scent that obvious? Gods I hope he goes past me. The blond wolf stops at the base of the tree I'm in and looks around. His pheromones were strong and I felt woozy. Is this what rut pheromones were like? It was getting harder to think as his pheromones flooded my head. All I could think was Spiced Apple and Campfire. I got more and more dizzy sitting in the trees. I began to wobble and my grip of the tree loosened as the blond growls and runs away. I wobbly climb down the tree and grip the trunk for support as my knees were about to give out. I was hot and sweating. He could definetly smell me now, so I had to move. One step, another step. Wobbly wobbly steps as I make it to the next tree. One one tree to the next, to on the floor? No get up, he can smell you. Tree number 5 to tree number 6, Spiced Apple and Campfire, step, step, step, blond wolf Spice Apple, tree, step, step, tree, Campfire. Spiced apple, spinning world, step? No ground. Spinning starry sky and blond wold of top of me. The smell of Spiced Apple and Campfire. No, no go away.

"I found you kitten," spoke a husky voice. No, go away. Go away go away go away. I try to push away, but the pheromones are to strong. I can't see through them, the sweet and savory scent of Spiced Apples and Campfire cloud my vision as I pass out.