Part 4: Fire, Water, Grass..... dragon?

Robin sat in the Pokemon center lobby. It was a peaceful rainy night, but he couldn't sleep. Deino was curled in his lap, it was shaking and a few tears would slide down its face occasionally, but it was as at peace as it could be. He gently rubbed its head, which was resting against his belly. Oshawott was sitting next to them snoozing without a care. The scene of Shiny Deino being captured echoed through his mind. He felt ashamed. If he and Mike had been just gone all out maybe they could've stopped those weirdos, and maybe they could've saved it. It had been a few days since they had been attacked, and they agreed to stay in town where people would be more likely to notice if the plasma goons came back and tried anything. They didn't want to push Deino too much either. It obviously wasn't taking everything too well. It did, however, seem to quickly become attached to Robin since he and Oshawott saved it. He decided, for now, he would take it with him. He wanted to stay with it as long as he made it comfortable. He yawned as the doors to the center opened. A pale girl with long indigo hair held back by a purple headband walked in wearing a rain jacket that obviously wasn't hers. A slightly taller guy wearing a tank top walked in soaking wet. Even though it was late and dark, he was still wearing sunglasses. He was talking loudly and didn't seem to realize the girl wasn't listening. Robin didn't care as long as they didn't wake Deino or Oshawott. "Did you see me and Darumaka beat that guy? Then Durant came for that panpour and absolutely CRUSHED it!" He said posing holding a gym badge in the air. She looked at him defeatedly and nodded with a weak smile. "..Yup.. I saw... And heard." "Haha I'm gonna go get them healed up and hit the hay. I'll see you tomorrow morning. Goodnight beautiful." He walked off, and the girl sighed. After he had left the area she began walking back and forth talking to herself. "I heard about after watching, on the way from, and all throughout the dinner you forced me into. I don't even actually know you why are you calling me beautiful?! Do people just do that to people the run into randomly on route 2??" Robin chuckled to himself, he needed something to take the edge of his thoughts off, and this girl rambling to herself was working wonders. She stopped pacing and turned to notice Robin looking at her. Robin suddenly realized he'd been staring like a weirdo and recognized her as the girl from the Plasma rally. She walked over to him with a disgruntled look. "Have you been staring at me the whole time?" ".....yes?" She let out a half hearted laugh. "I can't really blame you. Jones over there has a bit of an attention magnet, and I probably didn't help rambling to myself." Robin smiled tiredly "I could tell." At this moment Oshawott and Deino woke up. Oshawott looked up at them and smiled. Deino was shaking slightly facing the girl, he rubbed its side lightly. "OH! You caught a Deino? They're super rare how did you find it. Can I give it a pet?" Robin smiled "Ya I found it around route 2 its kinda a long story-" It registered what she was doing before he could stop her. She reached down and began Petting Deino on the head. It was definitely not comfortable. He didn't like how close she was either. Her blue eyes were locked on Deino. "Hey could you not do that Deino is a little shy and-" *CHOMP* Too late. It would seem the petting wasn't enough to calm the dragon. It did what it did best, and bit her hand as hard as it could. She jumped back holding her hand. "OW! RUDE! What was that about?" She said annoyedly. "I was saying he's shy. You should've waited for me to agree before you started petting him! He doesn't like people!" Robin shot back. "I was only petting him what's the big deal!" "Maybe it doesn't like being touched by weirdos!" They glared at each other for a moment. Robin returned Oshawott and gestured for Deino to follow. He huffed as he walked away, he felt like he shouldn't have snapped but after what happened he wanted to keep deino safe and happy. He glanced back over his shoulder at her. She was rubbing her head and looked exasperated. His thoughts stewed in his head. Deino didn't need this, he didn't need this. That jones guy may not of been that bad after all, maybe the girl was just a rude person. Jones may have just wanted to try to be friends, but she wouldn't see that unless she stopped to listen and took that stick out of- He remembered what Jones had said. The gym. He still hadn't challenged the gym! That was the entire point of his journey! He smacked himself on the head. In the morning he and Oshawott needed to get training.