- n

n - promise

[ ☹︎ ]---

"Come on, Sunoo... Please?"

"I don't see why I have to."

She flung her pillow in his direction. He ducked, letting it hit the wall. The girl laced her hands in the roots of her hair.

Sunoo pulled out a chocolate bar, extending his arm to offer her half, she shook her head. He shrugged and started chewing on it.

"What about your parents?"

The boy rolled his eyes at the mention of the two adults. "What about them?"

"This is the least I can do for you, Sunoo. Your parents hate me, they kicked you out, everyone but me thinks you're out of your mind! Any day your brother will kick us out of this basement!"

"Lannie, I don't care what they think. Aren't we happy? Our life is fine, we're survivors." Sunoo whined to her, finishing his chocolate.

The two had been friends for as long as they could remember. Their personalities were extraordinarily contrasting yet they were inseparable.

Extroverted Sunoo loved hanging around people, and couldn't be embarrassed by anything. He had lots of friends, though not many put him as their first choice. He would not say so himself, but he was lonely.

Introverted Dai-Lan got drained from any social interaction that wasn't with Sunoo and easily got embarrassed, even if it wasn't her. She was treated like a ghost, like she didn't exist.

Sunoo was made fun of for just talking to her.

But, Sunoo stood up for her when no one else would. And, Dai-Lan was there for him when people became too much.

They did everything together, whether it was eating ice-cream all-year-round, playing Uno at 3am, dance lessons or just heading to Atarx: the arcade.

Their friendship was pure -- strong, everlasting. When they were children, they used to call each other their "forever happy". And they believed they would be.

"Sunoo do it for me, please. I promise we'll be happier, that you'll be happier," she held out her pinky.

The boy took in the sight of her drooping eyes, guilt seeping up his throat. He closed his eyes, trying to force it down. But quickly it took over him, inwardly smiling, he opened his eyes.

Sunoo jokingly sighed to play with her, "Oh, fine. But if I end up kidnapped and they start running experiments on my genius mind - you're breaking me out."

She grinned back, "Deal."

They did their pinky-promise, knowing their special terms.

But if they had the chance, would they turn back time?

---[ ☹︎ ]

423 words.

note.
ah i finally got this finished :)
technically, i was supposed to be
done two weeks ago but,,,,
please forgive me.

anyways!
if you have the time, don't be
afraid to spam! (comments or votes)
i don't care if this book got published a
couple months (or years!) before you got
to read it. seeing that new people are still
reading this book makes me extremely happy.

hope you continue reading :))