4- The mall

Ava's P.O.V.

I woke up with a man's arm draped over my stomach and face nuzzled in my neck.

I'm not going to lie, it took every ounce of power I had not to fuck him last night. Not only does he have the body of a God, but he's genuinely a nice guy. I'm never going to be good enough for him, I have no idea what the Moon Goddess was thinking when she set this shit up.

"Good morning, love. Did you sleep well?"

"Morning. Yes, very well."

"Are you hungry?"

"I'm starving."

We headed downstairs, people were already awake and eating when we entered. Ryan had his arm around my waist, and everyone was smiling as we entered.

I can tell they were mind linking, as Ryan started growling. "Are you guys going to tell me what that's all about or are you going to continue being rude?"

"Sorry Luna," Sam replied.

"Stop calling me that." I snapped back.

Adam came running up to me, putting his arm up for me to hold him. I picked him up, and he smiled at me. This kid was so freaking cute.

"Hey little one, how are you?"

"Good, why don't you want to be called Luna? Your Uncle Ryan's mate, right?"

Not only is this kid cute, but he's smart too. Fuck!

I didn't know what to say, and everyone was staring at me. "I'm getting to know your uncle right now, we'll see what happens, I guess."

Heather cut in, I'm sure she could see how uncomfortable I was. "So I was thinking, these boys have some matters to attend to today. Maybe we could go to the mall and get you some clothes and then have lunch."

"Oh, okay."

I haven't had a friend for a very long time, this was weird to me, but I liked Heather. Minus her husband being an ass. Yes, I'm still mad at the Beta.

I hurried and finished my breakfast. My dad was trying to mind link me and I was ignoring him. In my defense I told him I would talk after breakfast but he's a very impatient man.

All of a sudden there was a loud thunder that rumbled in the sky.

"That's so weird, because it was supposed to be clear sky's today." Heather said, looking outside confused.

All of a sudden, Ryan's phone started ringing.

"Hello?" He looked confused. "Yes, one second." He handed me the phone, "It's for you."

I took the phone from Ryan, equally confused on who it would be. "Hello?"

I immediately rolled my eyes, and sighed. "Why in the hell are you ignoring me child?" My father roared down at me on the phone.

"Oh My GOD, Dad! You're seriously the most impatient man I've ever met in my whole entire life. I told you, I'd talk to you when I was done with breakfast."

"Well now that I have you... How's it going? I feel your heart beating a little bit more. Tell me everything!" He said, in a giddy voice.

"When did you become such a high school girl?"

"Why wouldn't I be? This is good for your soul, my child."

I could tell the others could hear this conversation since they're hearing was really good and they were smirking when my dad would talk.

"Dad, everyone can hear you, remember... werewolves."

"Oh yes, why hasn't he marked you yet?"

"DAD."

"I'm kidding, well maybe a little bit. I want to meet this mate of yours, how does tomorrow sound? Say lunch time? I'll bring pizza."

"Dad! Tomorrow doesn't work."

"Actually tomorrow would be really good. My parents will be here too." Ryan cut in.

"Perfect, see you at 12:00pm. Bye sweetheart."

"He hung up on me!" I handed the phone back to Ryan.

"He seems fun." Heather replied.

I started laughing, "Oh yeah, let me know how you feel about him tomorrow, I bet your feelings will change."

The lightning struck again. I mind linked him "You're impossible!"

I heard him laughing. He thinks he's funny but he's not.

****
Heather and I were on our way to the mall after she dropped Adam off at their little school.

I was quiet on the way to the mall, I wasn't trying to be rude, I just wasn't used to having people talk to me unless I was killing them.

"Oh this is my favorite store," she linked her arm through mine as we walked in the store. "They have so much cute stuff, you're going to have a hard time choosing. Oh my goodness look at this… hot right?" She asked, holding it up to my body.

I spent over six hundred on just clothes, that's not including the hair products and other various things I picked up. "Let's eat, I'm starving." Heather suggested.

We ordered our food and sat down with our tray of food, I noticed a few werewolf males throughout the day following in a distance, now they were eating lunch a few tables over.  "Those are just a few of Ryan's soldiers, here for our protection. So tell me a little bit about yourself."

"There's really nothing to tell, I guess."

"I don't believe you, but that's okay. I just want you to know, if you ever want to talk I'll be here for you."

"I appreciate that. I just feel after tomorrow I won't be around though, I'm not sure why I bought so much stuff."

"Oh my goodness, why? Your dad can't be that bad.. right?"

I started laughing, "Well if after tomorrow you still think that, you would be the first." I paused for a moment. "Honestly though, I love my dad. I've been through a lot and he's been the only one that's truly been there for me. I feel like everyone else just abandoned me."

She looked at me with sad eyes, something I didn't want. I didn't need anyone pitying me. We continued to talk about random things, I liked Heather and she actually made me laugh, not many people could do that.

"So I have to ask, how are you liking Ryan? He has been waiting for you a very long time. He can't take his eyes off of you." She started laughing.

"He's nice, and very sweet." Talking about him made me smile, "I thought his heart was going to pop out of his chest last night when we kissed. I'm just… I'm just never going to be good enough for him, or for you guys."

"What are you talking about? Why not?"

"I'm not good." I whispered.

"Well I think you are, and Adam sure does… I'll have you know he's a very good judge of character. He raved about how beautiful you were when you saved us."

I had to look away. "He's a good kid, I actually like him. I'm not going to lie, I hate children, they scare me, they're always crying, they're so loud and they're always sooo sticky. Yuck! But him, I'm fond of."

She started laughing, again. "You'll be a good mom, someday. It will come to you if you and Ryan ever have babies."

"Yikes, small steps, plus a few hundred more years multiplied by a gazillion and then maybe, just maybe that would be a possibility."

She started laughing, "We'll see." Then wink at me.