14-The battle

Ava's P.O.V.

The difference between me and them, I accept my darkness. I know who I am. There's no way to survive Hell without taking a piece of it with you. Something only dark souls can fully understand. -B. Vigil.

I was quiet as I stood next to the open field, the battle would be going down shortly. The clouds were dark, the sky was a dull color and to any normal human it looked like it was about to storm.

I was in a zone and Ryan knew that. I had a plan in my head, one Ryan didn't even know about. I got a hold of Esmeralda, the witch that helped me with my scent all those years ago. She gave me a spell that would forever protect my pack if something went wrong today, because I knew for a fact that once I chose Ryan, Roman would kill him immediately.

My dad was on his way up, but I felt another presence; one that I haven't felt for a very long time.

I turned around and there she was, walking side by side with my dad.

"Who's that?" Ryan questioned.

"My Mom." I had tears in my eyes, as she walked up to me, engulfing me in a hug that I've missed so much.

"Hi, sweetheart." She whispered.

"Why are you here?"

"It might not be able to help you, but you need all the strength you can get."

I nodded, I knew what she meant, The Moon Goddess is also going to be there. Not just for me but to protect my pack if this fight goes differently and the spell for some reason is broken.

I introduced my mom to Ryan, but didn't have time for anything else, I could feel Roman.

I walked into the large clearing, this is where he was supposed to meet me. "He's near." My father told me.

"I know, I can feel him."

"Walk forward, tell everyone to stay back or I'll kill them all now." I heard a voice in my head.

I turned around, "He's here. You all need to stay back. If anyone disobeys me, I will leave. Understood?"

Everyone nodded, but I looked at Ryan and my father. Those are the ones I worried about not listening. "I'm serious." They nodded.

I walked forward... silence.

All of a sudden there was black smoke and lots of wind as Roman appeared. He looked different, it felt different being by him. He was still gorgeous but everything about him was evil. Is this what my presence feels like?

We stared each other down, before he spoke

We stared each other down, before he spoke. "Hey baby-"

Immediately Ryan started growling. Romans head snapped in Ryan's direction. I walked in front to get the attention back on me.