10- Peanut Butter

Ryan's P.O.V

Last night was one of the best nights of my life. Ava finally admitted that she loved me too. I know the banehounds and whatever her dream was about got to her though, so that upset me. I figured me just being there for her was what she needed and if she wanted to talk about it, she would. I wasn't expecting her to say she loved me back, so when she did, my wolf and I went crazy.

She was in the bathroom getting ready, I leaned against the door frame watching her.

She's got a nice ass!

"Can I help you with something?" She let out a giggle.

"That depends, you want to get sweaty?"

She started laughing, "Not right now, I'm starving. Ask me once you get some food in my stomach."

"Done."

"Are you okay? I know yesterday was a lot but, if you ever want to talk about it I'll always be here for you."

She walked up, wrapping her arms around my waist and looked up. "I know, this is something I have to figure out first I think... but, you will be the first to know when I do."

"Okay." I grabbed her hand and we headed downstairs.

*****

Ava's P.O.V.

Everyone was eating when we reached the kitchen.

Everyone stared at me when I sniffed the air, curious to what I was smelling. "What the hell is that delicious smell?"

"Me?" Ryan joked.

"No, that's not it."

He hit his heart, joking like I wounded him.

I hit his arm and laughed. "Smell!"

"All I smell is you; which you smell amazing by the way, and Adam's peanut butter and jelly sandwich."

I followed the smell to Adam. "It is you. What did you call it?"

"Peanut butter and jelly," Heather giggled, handing me a jar of the stuff they called peanut butter. "You've never had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich before?"

I shook my head. Heather dunked a spoon into the jar and handed it to me. I put it in my mouth and my eyes literally rolled in the back of my head. I moaned, causing Ryan to growl. "This is the most delicious thing I have ever tasted!"

Ryan then made me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. "Where has this been all my life, it's incredible... my life is complete."

"It's my favorite too, Ava." Adam said, with a mouth full of his sandwich.

"If you like that, wait until you taste a peanut butter cup." Jack tossed me over a small circle object.

"What is it? Candy?" I asked.

"Yep."

I opened it and popped it into my mouth. "Yum! It's melting in my mouth."

I pulled Ryan to me and whispered in his ear, "I think maybe we should bring a jar of peanut butter into the bedroom tonight. I can find other things I'd like licking and sucking the peanut butter off of."

He let out a shaky sharp breath, "Holy hell."

Making me giggle.

We finished lunch and Ryan was telling me the pack was training today.

"Can I watch today?"

He smiled, "Yes, I'd like that very much."

*****

We headed out and met the other pack members, I was hoping Ryan would let me train and fly around today.

I sat down next to Heather and a few of the other women that were mated to the warriors. I was actually getting used to this. I didn't feel them judging me anymore. I know that they knew everything about me, which made me like them even more. They knew who I was and what my father was but it didn't matter to them; they still treated me as one of their own, something I've never had before...ever!

As I watch Ryan out on the field with his men, I can't help but stare at the beautiful man in front of me. I've only loved one other man, Roman and even then my feelings were nothing compared to what I feel for Ryan. With Roman my heart was pure and good, and with Ryan it's anything but that. If I can find love in my broken heart and darkened soul that tells me a lot. A big thing weighing on me is; was I ever really in love with Roman?

Heather nudged my shoulder, bringing me out of my thoughts. "You really do love him, don't you?"

I smile just thinking about it. "I was just thinking, in all of my years, I've never felt anything like this before. It's good, but it also terrifies me, and nothing terrifies me." I chuckled.

All the girls gushed with what I was saying and Ryan seemed to notice.

"You girls talking about me?"

"Yes, Mr. Alpha. I was just telling them, how slow you guys look out there."

"Oh really?" He came up to me, pulling me up gently from my sitting position.

I wrapped my arms around his waist, "Do you think you guys could catch me? I've been dying to let my wings out."

"I think we're more than capable of catching you."

"Okay baby, let's see what you guys got."

"She's so going to slaughter all of you." Heather teased, making all the girls laugh and agree with her.

"Okay, here's the rules. We will run or fly to the spot where you found Adam and Heather, just outside our land. We touch that tree and come right back here, whoever makes it back to this log right here, wins."

"Deal." I said with a big smirk on my face.

"And no cheating or voo-doo magic, Ava." Jack added.

"I would never." I winked their way, still smirking.

I let out my wings as everyone stared in awe.

"I told you she was beautiful Mommy." Adam said, coming up to give me a hug. "Good luck, Ava."

"Excuse me, maybe you should be wishing your dad luck?" Liam teased, ruffling Adam's hair.

"Dad, you're not going to win, I've seen her fly."

I laughed hard. This kid is too cute!

"How about this, I'll give all of you a head start?"

"Dad, take the head start!" Adam teases.

"No, we will win this fair and square."

The boys shifted, and we all lined up. Heather stood up, "On your mark, get set.... GO!"

We all took off. These boys were fast, but I was too... I wasn't even giving it my all. I felt free again, God this felt good. I pulled ahead of them all, "Come on boys, I'm not even trying!"

We got to the tree, I circled it and started heading back when the boys started getting there. I weaved in and out of the trees, the boys did a good job keeping up, I'll give them that. I took off full speed and came out into the clearing where everybody was waiting for us. Adam was screaming so loud, as I landed on the log. I turned around when Ryan came running out, the other boys following behind.

Ryan's wolf came up to me and nuzzled into my neck, making me close my eyes. "I love you." I whispered.

Ryan let out a howl. God, he was my everything.