Chapter One

Dave smiled at his blue eyed friend as he strummed his guitar, mumbling words Dave couldn't understand, but he didn't mind. Just hearing Kurt's raspy voice sent a smile on his face.

It was safe for Dave to say he had fell in love with his best friend. No denying it. He knew Kurt was beautiful, caring, a bit moody sometimes, quiet but when you talk to him he's very talkative. He knew that Kurt always looked at the flaws in things, trying to improve them. He knew Kurt was picky when it came to clothes, food, etc... He had Kurt all figured out. Kurt was hard to please, which would be difficult in a relationship, but Dave could live with that. He knew Kurt was bisexual, so he at least had a small chance.

"You think that song was good?" Kurt asked. "Because I think it's awful."

Dave chuckled. "It's amazing, Kurt. It's perfect. The fans will love it."

Kurt sent Dave a small smile. "I hope so. I know it's time for an album, and I have to make some quick songs. Ugh I'm so lazy aren't I? I do this every time."

Dave just shrugged with a smile. Kurt chuckled and pulled out a cigarette from the pack, lighting it up with his black lighter.

"Where's Krist?" Kurt asked as he blew out the smoke from his cigarette.

"Oh, he's on his way." Dave assured. Krist had called a few moments ago, apologizing for being late and informed he was on his way over for band practice.

"I miss Frances." Kurt said with a sigh. "Can you believe Courtney did this to me? Fucking leaving me and taking Frances away! I just... I wish I wouldn't have married her. The relationship was so great at first... then I realized she was so self centered." Kurt sighed. "Sorry, I'm rambling on again."

Dave nodded in understanding. Dave wasn't going to lie, he was glad the two of them got a divorce, but that was an awful way to do Kurt. Not even letting him see his own daughter.

"Well maybe... when you're ready to move on... you should try a relationship with a guy... instead of a girl." Dave suggested. Kurt took a long drag of his cigarette and nodded.

"You know what? I think I just might. Girls aren't really working for me."

Dave didn't get to say anything else because Krist came rushing in, his hair a mess.

"Sorry guys, I overslept."

"It's like five in the afternoon." Kurt pointed out.

Krist sighed. "Okay. I may be on a little bit of a hangover."

Kurt chuckled and picked up his guitar, which he already had tuned. Krist watched with a smile as Kurt fixed up his mic. Little did Kurt know, that Krist was also in love with him. Krist admired everything about Kurt. His style, attitude, everything. Kurt was pretty much the only thing Krist thought about.

"Okay. Let's get started." Kurt said. Krist watched carefully as Dave walked passed his crush, lightly sweeping his hand against his. A small blush appearing on Kurt's cheeks, and a smile appearing on Dave's face. Krist gritted his teeth in anger, but pushed the thought away, thinking maybe it was only an accident.

"Okay..." Kurt whispered to himself and strummed his guitar.

~~~

"I better be heading home." Dave whispered to Kurt. Krist had already left, almost as soon as band practice was over. Dave wondered if he was angry because he kept flirting with Kurt.

Was Krist jealous?

"You sure? You don't have to leave yet. I'm here... all day... all alone." Kurt said and sat his hand on top of Dave's. Dave grinned and bit his bottom lip, lightly blushing.

"Hmm... I don't know. It is getting pretty late." Dave said.

Kurt sighed. "But the nights are so long and lonely."

"Are you suggesting I stay with you all night?" Dave asked. Kurt giggled lightly.

"Maybe I am... would you like to?"

Dave shrugged. "Sure."

Kurt smiled. "Good. Now let's watch a movie!"