Sirius Black-Not So Long Ago (Part 1)

'Not so long ago I was alone and lost, and then you came along and I was home. Thank you for finding me.'

------

Cheshire lazily lay across your lap as you read The Hobbit, occasionally stroking the cat. 

Suddenly, you stood, startled by the knocks on your door. Cheshire hissed at her fall. "Sorry, love." Your voice sounded hoarse, since you had spent most of the day reading and not saying a single word. 

Once done apologising, you made your way to the mahogany coloured door. The door opened to reveal your headmaster from long ago. 

---

Professor Dumbledore smiled, waiting patiently for his student to open the door. 

"Professor!" you exclaimed. "Is there anything I can help you with? Oh!" Her (E/c) eyes widened.

"How rude of me, please come inside." Dumbledore chuckled, remembering (Y/n)'s kind nature from her years at Hogwarts.

Once the both of them were settled comfortably, Dumbledore finally revealed what he came for. 

"(Y/n), I know you as a kind, loyal and intelligent witch," He started. "So, I would like you to join The Order of the Phoenix." 

The 34-year-old witch looked at her headmaster with a puzzled expression, unsure of what the 'Order of The Phoenix' was. 

Dumbledore must have sensed her confusion, as he then explained what it was. 

"It is a secret organisation founded by me to oppose Voldemort and his Death Eaters."

"I-" (Y/n) hesitated. "I'm not sure professor."

"I mean, it would be an honor.....but," She looked around her house. 

"You don't wish to leave you life here behind." The bearded man finished for her, to which she nodded.

"I assure you Miss (L/n), once Voldemort has been defeated," The headmaster reasoned. "You can return to your life here if you wish." He had a twinkle in his eye. One that meant he knew something.  

A sour expression formed her face, which was then replaced by a smile. "Alright," (Y/n) conceded. "I'll join." 

-Time Skip-

The cold breeze slipped into her jacket, as she stood in a dark street, trying to find 12 Grimmauld Place. 

In attempt to find a clue, (Y/n) looked down at the parchment she was given by her headmaster. What had he said before he left? 

'Say in out?' No. 'Say it out loud.' Yes, that had been it. 

"12 Grimmauld Place." Suddenly, the buildings around her shifted, and revealed another. It had a 12 on it.

Picking up Cheshire, who was roaming around her feet, (Y/n) opened the door and went straight inside. Just as Dumbledore has instructed. The blued-eyed man with half-moon spectacles had never made sense to her, yet she listened to him anyways. 

"Hello?" She called out to the empty hallway. "Anyone here?"

Nothing answered back, unless you count the soft 'meows' of Cheshire. To be fair, it was the middle of the night. She walked further down the hallways, seeing pictures of 'important purebloods' along the way. 

She saw a kitchen, and entered. Searching in the cabinets and looking at the table. Food and no dust. "Someone surely lives here," she concluded. "But where are they?"

The girl decided to wait until dawn, to see if she could encounter whoever lived here then. And she did.

-Time Skip To Dawn-

Molly Weasley yawned, entering the kitchen. To her surprise, she found a girl and a cat waiting for her. Asleep of course. "Who are you?" Molly demanding, pointing her wand at the two sleeping figure.

(Y/n) woke to a shout, and instantly stood up. This time, Cheshire didn't suffer the consequences as  he was asleep on the table. 

She turned to see a woman with fierce red hair pointing a want towards her.

 "I'm (Y/f/n) and I was sent by Professor Dumbledore." The startled girl answered. 

The redhead softened a bit. "And why are you here?"

"Professor Dumbledore wants me to join the Order of The Phoenix." (Y/n) replied.

"Snape is coming over today, I'll owl him to bring some Veritaserum with him." The redhead said to herself. 

"I'm Molly Weasley by the way."

(Y/n)'s (E/c) eyes instantly lit up. "I remember you!" 

"The Marauders once played this horrible prank on you, didn't they?"

Molly frowned at the memory. It was truly horrid. 

-Time Skip To Snape Visiting-

By Evening, (Y/n) had met everyone one. Except the infamous Sirius Black. Harry had told her that Sirius was with Buckbeak. She had simply shrugged, not wanting to meet yet another person. 

She had also been under the Veritaserum and was now trusted by everyone. 

---

Cheshire in her arms, (Y/n) walked back to the room she was given. 

"Who are you?" A masculine voice asked from behind.  (Y/n) was really getting tired of that question.

"(Y/f/n)," she turned around. "And you are?"

The man grinned, "Sirius Black." He had wavy raven-black hair that barely brushed his shoulders, matching with his silvery-grey eyes. 

The witch and the wizard gazed into each other's eyes, until Cheshire interrupted by hissing at the strange man.  

Sirius frowned at Cheshire. Cheshire hissed back. "What is this.....creature doing here?"

(Y/n) rolled her eyes. "This 'creature' is a cat, and his name is Cheshire!"

She gently stroked the Burmilla's grey fur, before sharply turning around and walking back to her room.