Sirius Black-Birthday Special

It was 3rd of November. The day I dreaded.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!" Sang a voice, followed by 15, or now 16 year old boy. 

Do you understand now?  You see every year, my friend Sirius Orion Black annoyed us to death on his birthday. Whether it was by constantly reminding us or singing on the top of his lungs, he never failed. 

Even strangers, every single person at Hogwarts had gotten used to it over the years, except the firsties of course. Oh, and me. 

"Sirius," I hissed at the raven haired boy as he sat next to me. "Shut up!"

He only gave me his famous smirk, and started on his pancakes. 

"So," Sirius asked. "What are the plans for this wondrous occasion?"

"Well, we have your birthday party tonight" James replied.

"Are you crazy!" I spoke yet again. "We are NOT having a party, it's Wednesday!"

"So?"

"So, we will miss hours of sleep and time to work on the Transfiguration essay we have due," I said, glaring at James. "Tomorrow!"

"(Y/n), (Y/n), (Y/n)" Sirius said, ignoring the bit of maple syrup at the edge of his lip. "You need to have some fun, let loose a little."

I stood from the Gryffindor table, brushing by robes. "And you need to stop taking risks." With that I walked out of the Great Hall, heading to potions.

-Time Skip-

"Good morning students," Professor Slughorn said for the second time. 

Yes, second, you see, the first time, he was interrupted by Sirius and James bursting into class. 

"Today, we will be brewing Amortentia," He explained. "Now, can someone please tell me what that potion is?"

Many hands shot up, Lily Evans, Severus Snape, a bunch of Ravenclaws, and mine. Take a guess as to who professor picked. 

If you guessed James' precious Lily flower, you are correct. 

"Amortentia is a love potion," the red-head answered. "What is so special about it is that it smells different for each person."

"Very good, Miss Evans," professor Slughorn said. "Ten points to Gryffindor."

Remus was in the hospital wing today, due to his......monthlies, so I had no partner. But that was fine, I was quite good at potions. 

-Time Skip (Again)-

I wrinkled my nose. My potion was a pearlish pink, the exact colour it was supposed to be. But it smelt like maple syrup, coffee and wet dog. 'That's odd' I thought. 

"Well done Miss (L/n)!" Slughorn exclaimed, startling me. 

 I smiled and gave a slight nod, internally hating the snickering coming from the rest of the class, except Lily and the marauders.  

"Well done Miss (L/n)!" Sirius teased as we walked out of class. "Shut it, Black." I snapped at him. Sirius only sighed, laughing afterwards as I sped up and left the Marauders. 

I miraculously survived all my other classes, considering that Sirius was in every single one of them. 

And now, the boys were trying to convince me to help them. "No!" I said, flipping a page of my book. I had changed into an oversized gryffindor sweater while I worked on my essay. 

"If you help us," James tried to reason. "We'll spend some time working on our essay."

This made me hesitate. I could see Remus from behind, nodding at me. 

"Alright!" I said with a sigh. "I'll help."

Closing my book, I got up from the dull red chair, and followed the boys to the Room of Requirements.

"You need help?" I asked, observing the place. It was decorated perfectly. It even had all the food and drinks ready. 

"Yes," Peter explained. "Remember how we got Sirius that motorbike?" 

I nodded, remembering the day. "We need your help giving it to him."

An 'oh' escaped my lips as a plan formed in my head. 

"Well," I said with a smile. "I have an idea."

-Time Skip (Again)-

"Happy birthday!" I giggled, holding onto Sirius' hand. 

"Thanks, Kitten." He smiled back, making sure I didn't fall as I led him to the Black Lake. 

"SURPRISE!" The Marauders and I shouted as we arrived. Sirius gawped his present from us. 

"I.....I love it!" He yelled into the sky. Suddenly, he turned around, towards me. 

Racing forwards, he picked me up and spun me around. 

"I love you!" And then there was an awkward silence. 

Then it hit me.

Sirius loves Maple Syrup. 

I love Coffee. 

Sirius is a freaking dog

I'm in love with Sirius Orion Black.

And I did the only logical thing possible.  

I kissed him. 

"I love you too," I said pulling away. 

And I no longer dread November the 3rd. 

Except maybe when I first see Sirius. 

He still sings. 

SO sorry! I know it's late and I'm sorry for that, but I hope you liked it and thank you for reading.