ᴠ | 𝙼𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝙾𝚗

𝕐/ℕ

ᴥ︎︎︎

"ARE YOU SURE YOU DON'T need to go to the hospital?" I asked my dad for nth time now for the past two hours.

Dad gave me a look in response. "I told you, I'm fine-"

"But you don't look like you are," I interrupted him, crossing my arms. "In fact, you ARE NOT fine. Dad, you have been sick for a week now, you eat so little, and you've been vomiting a lot." I frowned. "Don't you think we have to get you checked before things get worse? I don't want what happened to him also to happen to you."

A week has passed since I received my miraculous. It has also been a week since Dad picked me up from school sick. And until this very day, he was still sick.

The H/C-haired man sighed. "Look, Y/N, I know you're worried. But-"

"I'm not just worried, I'm really worried."

"I get it." Dad sighed again. "But I'm alright, really. There's really nothing to worry about." He then smiled. "This is just because of old age. I'm getting older and older every day."

"Are you sure?" I asked him.

"A hundred per cent."

"Alright." I nodded my head. "Well, I'm going to sleep now. Good night."

"Good night." He smiled at me.

I made my way out of my parents' bedroom, gently shutting the door behind me. Afterwards, I ran to my room.

"Hey, Mao. What time is it?" I asked my kwami after I had locked the door to my room. MaoMao was on top of my bed when I entered with his best friend: a berry.

"It's still nine-thirty," he responded, mouth full of his food. "Why you asking?"

"Oh, nothing." I shrugged. I made my way to my bookshelf, grabbing myself a book to read to pass time. "I just remembered that I have to meet Chat at the Eiffel tonight."

"Bug out!" Ladybug did a salute, before leaving Chat and me alone.

We have just defeated another akumatized victim, and after hearing our miraculouses beep, we knew it was time to head home.

"Well," I turned to Chat. "I better be off now too."

"Yeah." He nodded with a breathless laugh. I smiled at him. "Hey, is it alright if we meet up at Eiffel Tower later tonight?"

I blinked twice, though a smile was still on my face. "Sure. Around what time?"

"Eleven, maybe?" he responded. "I want to talk to you about some things."

"Alright," I nodded. "Eleven tonight."

"Thank you." Chat Noir smiled.

"No problem." I reciprocated the smile. "See you later then?"

"See you."

"Oh yeah." MaoMao nodded in realization. "Wonder what he wants to talk to you about."

"Me too," I replied. "But whatever it is, it seems important."

MaoMao just nodded, before proceeding to eat his berries.

The past hour and thirty minutes were spent doing our own stuff; MaoMao was busy eating while I was busy reading a book. And before I knew it, it was already eleven in the evening.

"Crap," I exclaimed, jumping from my seat when I saw the time on my wristwatch "I over-read. MaoMao, why didn't you remind me?"

The kwami just shrugged in response.