3

15.21, Serious Organized Crime Agency

"Hendersen, come look at this!" One of the tech guys shouts.

Chris hurries over and his eyes grow wide. He's looking at all five One Direction boys live.
"What is this? Where did you find it?"

"You asked me to keep track of Twitter and Tumblr. This video link was posted a couple of minutes ago and it's spreading like crazy." The tech guy answers.

"Trace it! Find the person behind it!" Chris says excitedly.

"I'm already on it. It's heavily encrypted. It bounces between millions of servers." The tech guy explains.

"So much for keeping it a secret. Damn it! Now the whole world will know that 1D has been kidnapped."  Chris grunts.

He pulls up a chair and sits down to watch the live stream. Niall is shaking a door, trying to open it.
"So, let me get this straight. Someone kidnapped all of us and locked us in some kind of house. For what?" (Niall)

"Guys! Start working on this link. They're in a house. No windows. Find the location!" Chris shouts to the people around him.

He stares at the tech guy when a voice is heard.
"Welcome One Direction to my humble abode."

"Record it! That's the kidnappers. They're using some voice-changing device." Chris says before he continues to watch the live stream.
"Who is this? What do you want with us?" (Harry)

"I'm glad you asked that, Harry. I have two agendas really. First of all, I'm tired of waiting for your so-called hiatus to be over. Eighteen months my ass. It's time to put the band back together. There's a music room behind a door in the kitchen. Use it to write a new album together." (Kidnapper)

Chris takes notes. His hand is flying over the notepad. So the kidnappers want the band back together? Musicroom, livingroom, how big is this house?

"You kidnapped us so we would make an album?" (Liam)

"Of course." (Kidnapper)

"That's crazy! Just let us out!" (Louis)

"In time, if you do as I say." (Kidnapper)

"What's the second agenda?" (Harry)

"Well dear Harry, it's time that you and your husband stop bullshitting and get together again. You can't break up. Stop being so stubborn both of you and just work it out. You're made for each other." (Kidnapper)

No way! Larry is real? Chris' mouth falls open and he stares at the screen before he collects himself and continues to take notes.

"You broke up?" (Niall)

"Yes." (Louis)

"No! Why?" (Niall)

"No one finds the love of a lifetime at age sixteen." (Harry)

"But...you did!" (Niall)

"Apparently not! We're getting a divorce!" (Harry)

Chris watches him run off and hears a door slam. He tries to draw a quick construction plan of the location.

"What happened with you two?" (Zayn)

"That's none of your fucking business, Zayn. We're not friends anymore. Don't pretend like you care." (Louis)

Second door slamming after Louis leaves. Chris writes it down.

"Don't take it personal, Zayn. Clearly this is hard on both of them and Louis is acting out." (Liam)

"Yeah, but he's right. We never solved anything. I just left." (Zayn) 

"Well, it looks like you'll have some time now to fix that." (Liam)

"And we have to get those two back together. Our crazy kidnapper is right about one thing. They belong together." (Niall)

"I'm glad you're on board! Let the game begin!" (Kidnapper)

Chris furrows his eyebrows and writes game on his note pad and circles the word. The tech guy spins around in his chair.
"Those two are married?"

"Apparently. Find the source Bill, they don't know they're being filmed. We have to find them before they get hurt and before they spill all of their secrets. Poor guys. Harry and Louis just came out to the world and they don't even know it. This is cruel."  Chris sighs.

"Yeah." The tech guy agrees.

Chris stands up.
"Everybody, watch the link for clues! I have to call an emergency press conference."

16.32

"Thank you all for coming. I won't answer any questions. I just have an announcement to make. Earlier this day Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne, Niall Horan, and Zayn Malik have been taken against their will. We're working hard to get them back in safety. Please don't panic. The boys are not getting harmed. If anyone has any information about their whereabouts call the number on the screen. Don't try to find them yourself, leave this to the authorities. We'll bring them back. Thank you." Chris says before he steps down from the podium and leaves in a hurry. 

16.41

He sits down in his office and tries to collect his thoughts. He takes out a piece of paper and starts to map together everything he knows so far. He makes a list.
1. The kidnapper wants the band back together. Crazy fan?
2. The kidnapper somehow knew that Harry and Louis broke up which means that they knew that they were an item. Them being closeted must narrow down the list of suspects. 
3. The kidnapper must have money to be able to orchestrate this, or work closely with someone who has money. Five SUVs and a secret hidingplace, designed specifically for the cause.
4. The kidnapper, or someone working with them must be a skilled hacker.
5. The kidnapper, or someone working with them knew where all five boys would be when they got taken. How?

He reads through his list and scratches his head. This is a really complicated case and there's a lot at stake. He feels relieved that the kidnapper/s at least don't seem to want to hurt the boys physically. They haven't asked for ransom. That could have been an easy way to get them back but there's never a guarantee that the victims are actually released after the ransom is paid anyway. Chris sighs deeply. He's way over his head in this. He's still a rookie.