8

11.11, Unknown location

"Louis, do you wanna try and write a song together like old times?" Liam asks with a smile.

"Sounds fun. It's not like we're getting out anytime soon." Louis answers but he's smiling as well.

"Oh God, don't say that! Khai won't even recognize me when we finally get out of here, if we get out of here. Fuck, I need a smoke!" Zayn whines.

"I'll join you." Louis says.

To their surprise, they had found their individual cigarette brands on the kitchen counter the first day here. That's kind of spooky but both of them are relieved that they don't have to quit smoking cold turkey. Their kidnapper seems to have thought of everything. 

There's a little smoking room with a sign and everything and they take a seat inside.
"Someone will either find us or our kidnapper will set us free. You'll see Khai soon." Louis says and lights a cigarette.

"I really hope so. Let's write a fucking album and maybe he'll let us go after that." Zayn sighs and takes a drag of his cigarette.

"Deal. I mean, we wrote songs under worse conditions before. Now we're sober and well-rested. Well-fed. No stress. I'll bet we'll write a killer album." Louis smirks and blows out the smoke.

"Yeah." Zayn chuckles but then he gets serious."I'm so sorry about you and Harry."

"It is what it is." Louis answers dismissively before he takes another drag.

"Have you tried couples therapy?" Zayn suggests.

"It's too late Zayn. It's over and nothing has changed. We're still closeted." Louis answers and looks down at his hands.

"It's fucked up Lou, the way Syco and Modest have treated the two of you. But you were always so strong together. I thought you would make it. I'm sorry." Zayn says compassionately before he takes one last drag and puts the cigarette out.

Louis doesn't answer. He puts his cigarette out as well and they head back.

They find the rest of the boys in the music room. Harry looks up and locks eyes with Louis.
"Ready?" Liam asks.

"Uhm, what? Yeah, come on." Louis says and forces himself to break eye contact with Harry.

Liam brings a guitar and Louis grabs some papers and a pen. He has some things to get off his chest.

13.00

They stop their writing session to eat some lunch and make a chicken salad together. They're all in good spirits.
"I had totally forgotten how much fun it is to write songs together." Zayn says.

"Going well?" Liam asks.

"Yeah, Niall is working on a melody, and Harry and I write the lyrics. We find the inspiration from our latest captivity, a Stockholm Syndrome two." Zayn chuckles.

"That's great!" Louis smiles.

"How about the two of you?" Harry asks quietly.

"Louis has almost written a whole song already. I'm turning it into a melody." Liam says and smiles.

17.06

"I'm starving to death!" Niall shouts.

Louis has been so focused that he has lost track of time. The song is finished but there's no way he's showing it to the others. It's really personal.

Harry is behind the stove cooking and they eat a lovely dinner together.
"We finished our song." Liam says and Louis glares at him.

"That's awesome. You have to sing it for us after dinner." Niall grins.

"Absolutely not!" Louis huffs.

"Why not?" Harry questions.

Louis gives him a pensive stare.
"Fine, I'll sing it but you'll regret it." He mutters.

18.26

After they have cleared the table they return to the music room. Louis sits by the piano and Liam grabs a chair and brings the guitar. Louis seems nervous.
"It's called Too late." He mumbles and gives Liam a quick glance to find him smiling encouragingly.

Louis takes a deep breath and starts to play a soft melody on the piano and Liam plays the guitar. Louis starts to sing.
"Some mistakes are unreversible
And sometimes it's just too late
Even tho It's unbearable
To be without my soulmate
I wake up in bed alone to face another day
And I don't say all the things I wish I could say
It's too late, it's just too late"

Harry stares at him with his mouth hung open and his eyes are already tearing up. He listens intensely to every word of the song. Liam sings the next verse.
"You occupy my dreams at nights
And I remember all the good times
And none of the stupid fights
You're love defines
And now I'm lost
I'm sorry for all the shit I caused
But it's too late, it's just too late"

Tears are rolling down Harry's cheeks as Louis and Liam sing the chorus together.
"I was out of control
I'm sorry I said that I don't love you anymore
It's a lie
I was out of control
I'm sorry I said you're not worth it anymore
It's a lie
It's too late, it's just too late"

Harry whimpers and Louis has a hard time holding it together. He's bearing his soul for everyone to see. He sings the next verse and his voice is breaking but he makes it through.
"I'm sorry I took you for granted
And didn't appreciate you enough
You're everything I ever wanted
I'm sorry I ran when things got tough
Baby, I will love you for an eternity
When I see you with someone else I wish it was me
It's too late, it's just too late"

They sing the chorus together again.
"I was out of control
I'm sorry I said that I don't love you anymore
It's a lie
I was out of control
I'm sorry I said you're not worth it anymore
It's a lie
It's too late, it's just too late"

Louis looks up and locks eyes with Harry as he sings the bridge.
"So many regrets
But not a second I've spent with you
Oh, I wish I could go back
Because it's always you"

He starts to cry as well while they sing the chorus together one last time.
"I was out of control
I'm sorry I said that I don't love you anymore
It's a lie
I was out of control
I'm sorry I said you're not worth it anymore
It's a lie
It's too late, it's just too late"

Liam sings.
"But it's too late, it's just too late"

Louis ends the song.
"Oh it's just too late, I wish it wasn't too late
Too late"

The room is dead silent when the song is finished, Except for the sound of Harry and Louis crying. Louis bows his head and his whole body is shaking. He needs to get away but as he's about to get up to run to his room a hand on his shoulder stops him and he looks up to meet Harry's beautiful green eyes. Harry cups his cheeks and caresses them with his thumbs.
"It's not too late love." Harry says softly and then he leans down to kiss him.

Louis gasps and replicates the kiss immediately. It tastes salty from their tears but neither of them cares. Harry straddles him and wraps his arms around his neck and they open their mouths and let their tongues dance. Harry puts their forehead together when they need to come up for air.
"I love you, Lou." He says softly.

Louis hugs him closely.
"I love you too! I'm so sorry baby."

"I'm sorry too."

Niall breaks down crying and that brings them back to reality. They turn to look at their bandmates.
"Finally! I'm so happy!" Niall wails.

"It doesn't look like it mate." Louis chuckles.

They burst out laughing all of them and Zayn and Liam wipe their eyes.

20.37, Serious Organized Crime Agency

Chris has to wipe away his tears as well. That was beautiful to witness.