Chapter 37

THE GOOD EQUAL | #TGEC37

JOAQUIN

I'm already certain about my life: my dreams, my career, my needs, my wants, everything. It's already listed and all I have to do is to execute them. But Iris turned my world upside down. She crumpled my list and throws it in the nearest garbage.

She's such a plan pooper.

"Pres nasa hall na," Clarence informed me.

"Ilan sila?"

"Tatlo, Pres. Pero isang band pa lang ang nasa hall. May klase pa 'yung iba e," she clarified and I nodded.

I requested my orgmates to hunt down underrated bands of our school to perform to PaskongSVU. One of my platforms was to expose the hidden talent of my schoolmates. They need to get out of their shelves before someone take over their spot. Walang mawawala kung susubukan; may magbabago pa nga.

"Gagi tol walang agawan, sa akin na si Iris e!"

I was about to enter the hall when I heard Iris's name being called out. The sliding door was slightly open and their voices were so loud that people who will pass along this corridor will hear them.

And from the context of their conversation, I already knew that Iris's name is in danger.

"Ayos ah! May Samantha ka na tapos kukunin mo pa sa akin si Iris. Wag kang selfish uy!"

"Gago! Liligawan ko na nga e!"

"Ulul! Sa tingin mo papayag ako?"

"Mga sira-ulo kayo! Pag kayo narinig ni Pres."

"Oo gago si Pres pa pala. Feel ko may gusto si Pres kay Iris tol, lagi ko silang nakikitang magkasama e."

One of the fuckers maniacally sneered, "Ikaw ba naman mahalikan ni Iris e, hindi ka ba mao-obsessed?"

I fisted my knuckles.

"Kaya nga e. Swerte ni Pres noh? Ano kaya lasa ng lab—" he wasn't able to finish his sentence when I abruptly slide the door. They all looked at me with terror. Albeit I wanted to punch these assholes' faces, I composed myself and looked at them with authority. The moment they assaulted Iris was the time my respect for them vanished.

"You're the band from what department?" I asked even though I already knew which department they belong to.

"Business Ad, Pres," one of the sapheads answered.

"I already picked a band to perform for PaskongSVU. Bumalik na kayo sa klase niyo," I declared with superiority.

As an SC President, I'm embarrassed to think that people like them were freely jerking off their corrupted minds out in my jurisdiction. I can't stand people declaring themselves as future perpetrators. And to think that other people were diving into this trend like it's just a normal thing to do.

They should be thankful that my mom didn't raise an agonistic son or else my fist would've instantly connected to their faces.

My mood for today was already vexed and it was elevated when I saw Iris talking with those boys who just assaulted her earlier. And to think that she just let those fuckers sought her body like that. I fisted my knuckles and just go on with my life.

Sabagay, hindi niya nga pala alam na binastos siya ng mga 'yon kanina sa hall kaya malaya siyang makipag-usap. Sino ba ako sa buhay niya para pagbawalan siya? Buhay niya naman 'yan.