Chapter 22

"What are we doing? What am I doing? Oh god, what the fuck am I doing?" I said, pulling away from the kiss and stumbling towards the door.

"Alice I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. I just, I really like you and I saw the chance. I didn't mean to mess things up, I'm really sorry" James replied, standing up and starting towards me.

"No, please, just leave me alone, at least for a while. Please" I grabbed my bag and ran out of the room, tears streaming down my face. I'd fucked up, again. I ran down the stairs, pausing for a minute outside of the living room.

"I swear I didn't, you's know I wouldn't do anything with another girl" I could hear Reece saying. He sounded really upset.

"Mate we know you wouldn't, we know Rebecca made it up but Alice doesn't. You know what she's going through and how upset she's going to be after hearing that, even if it isn't true. You need to talk to her, you need to explain everything Reece, for her sake and yours. You don't want her going back in that hospital, none of us do so please talk to her before something happens." Jake said to him. I closed my eyes and let out a sob. I heard footsteps from the living room.

"Alice" Reece said, tear tracks down his cheeks. I shook my head at him and ran to the front door. It was raining and dark. I slammed the door and ran out into the road, heading towards the park. I ran all the way there, my clothes soaked through. I stopped to catch my breath and saw a woman jogging in my direction. She looked familiar, very familiar. Someone I hadn't seen in 13 years.

"Mum? MUM!" I tried to shout. It was her, it was definitely her. She glanced in my direction and I saw a hint of recognition in her eyes. But then she just jogged straight past me. I stumbled to the closest bench and sunk onto it, curling myself into a ball.

James' POV

I'd messed it up big time. I heard the door slam and went downstairs to see what had gone on.

"James what did you say to her?" Reece said, starting towards me. I couldn't lie to him about it, even though things weren't going to turn out well.

"I'm sorry mate, I kinda kissed her and she ran off upset. I didn't mean to do, I don't know what made me" I replied as Reece got closer.

"YOU WHAT? YOU KISSED MY GIRLFRIEND? WHAT THE HELL JAMES" Reece shouted. Casey and Barclay came forwards to drag him away from me. I was losing my temper too.

"I wouldn't call her your girlfriend at the minute Reece. She's annoyed enough as it is, I'm guessing that's why she kissed me back" I sneered. Reece pulled against Barclay and Casey in an attempt to get to me but it didn't work. "Yeah that's right, at least you know how she feels now." I stormed back upstairs and slammed the door to my room.

"I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU TOUCH HER AGAIN JAMES" I heard Reece shout from downstairs, before everything being quiet again. I shouldn't have provoked him but I was so protective over Alice because I liked her and therefore mad at Reece for what he did.

Reece's POV

I was fuming. How dare he touch my girlfriend. I don't believe she kissed him back, he was just saying that to spite me.

"Reece stop getting angry and let's go and find her before anything happens" Tom said, walking towards the front door with Jake and Chris. "You three stay here in case she comes back." He pointed to Casey, Charlie and Barclay as we got in the car. It was pitch black and the rain was torrential. Where the hell could she be in this weather?