Chapter 25

I woke up at 10:30am and Reece was still asleep. I decided I would get up and have a shower before going to the studio because my hair felt horrible after being in the rain all night. I crept out of bed so I didn't wake Reece and walked to the bathroom. Someone was in there so I just waited outside. A minute later the door opened and James walked out.

"Hey" he said smiling at me.

"Hi" I replied awkwardly, walking towards the bathroom door. As James brushed past me he took hold of my hand. I turned around and shot him a look as if to say "don't start flirting".

"I didn't mean for anything to happen because of that kiss last night Alice, I just really like you. I saw the opportunity to get between you and Reece and I took it which was stupid of me because I know you two are closer than ever. I didn't mean for you to run off for hours. I'm so sorry" he said, looking me in the eyes.

"It's fine" I muttered. "It was mainly my fault for overreacting." I looked down at the floor and caught sight of my arm. I'd forgotten I was wearing a T-shirt and my cuts from last night were showing.

"Is this from last night?" James asked, noticing the cuts. I nodded. "Alice please don't hurt yourself because of my stupid mistake. It wasn't your fault and you're not going to blame yourself. I hate you doing this to yourself and I'm sorry because I feel like I caused you to do this." He pulled me into a hug and I wrapped my arms around him.

"It wasn't what happened with you that made me do this, or what happened at college. It doesn't matter, I'm fine" I said. I heard a door open and saw Reece come out of the bedroom. I pulled away from the hug as quickly as possible and walked into the bathroom, avoiding eye contact with both Reece and James.

Once I had showered I went back to my room to get ready. All of the boys were downstairs having something to eat. I pulled on a pair of jeans and a baggy hoodie. I couldn't be bothered doing much make up so quickly just applied some foundation, powder and lip gloss and left my hair down to dry. I picked up my phone and walked downstairs into the kitchen.

As I walked into the room the boys were talking about last night. I'm guessing one of the boys had told the rest about me seeing my mum because all the boys gave me sympathetic looks. I sat down on one of the stools and looked at my phone. I had some facebook messages off Rebecca saying she hopes I'm really ill and that I feel like shit. I sighed and put my phone on the table.

"You okay?" Charlie asked. "Are you going to get something to eat because we won't have anything until we get back from the studio?" I shook my head.

"I'm not hungry" I said. Reece looked up from buttering his toast.

"I'll make you some toast if you want" he said, offering me his plate. I shook my head again. "Alice you have to eat something, you can't starve."

"I can if I'm not hungry" I said, getting up to get a glass of water. Reece just shrugged his shoulders and started eating.

The studio was a 10 minute drive away and when we got there I mainly just sat in the corner and watched and listened to them making the finishing touches. It was a bit boring but the song sounded really good. Charlie got me to record them singing it on his phone so he could send it to his girlfriend Tarlya, who I was really good friends with. Every now and again Reece would come and sit with me and check that I was okay before going off again with the boys. It wasn't the best day in the world but it was better than what college would have been.

When we got home we ordered a Dominos pizza. I felt a bit hungry by then but I still didn't feel like eating much. When it came I ate one slice of pizza while everyone else ate loads.

"Alice why aren't you eating?" Reece said. We were sat on the couch and there was one piece of pizza left in the box. I shrugged my shoulders and he put it on my plate.

"Eat now" he said sternly.

"Reece I'm not hungry honestly. I haven't felt too good today and I don't have a huge appetite anyway" I said, putting my plate down on the table.

"You can't survive off one piece of pizza all day, you have to eat something" he said sighing.

"But I don't want anything to eat. I'm going up to bed now anyway, I feel really tired" I replied, standing up and walking to the door. It was only 9pm but I didn't feel like being lectured about not eating. I said goodnight to all of the lads and went upstairs, lying on the bed and curling up under the duvet.