lust and hunger- chapter 15

Your POV-

It's true what they say, moments before death, you see your life flash before your eyes. Every moment, every memory, every time you laughed and cried. It's... peaceful, almost comforting, knowing that the last thing you see are the faces of the people you love.

⭑⭒

You jolt awake by the sound of sirens. "H-Hotch?" you croak, your voice dry and your lips cracked. The unsub comes storming into the room and you can see the fury on his face.

"Fuck!" he exclaims as he holds a knife up to your throat. "I told you, you'll lose" you remark, a sly smirk playing on your lips. "Oh, I don't think so. I'm not done with you." he takes the knife and drives it into your upper leg.

Your skin is on fire. You feel like your leg just got torn off. A noise leaves your mouth that doesn't sound... human. A blood filled scream bounces off the walls. "P-please stop! You're hurting me" You beg, your throat burning from screams and cries. "I want you to suffer, just like how Aaron Hotchner made me suffer everyday for 10 years" The unsub says, his tone different... not anger or revengeful, but full of sadness. "W-whatever Aaron did to you, it's not going to change by hurting me." you softly say, hoping it'll calm him down. Instead, the same anger returns to him.

"It won't change anything, but it'll ensure that he feels the same pain and lonliness that I felt." he raises his knife and plunges it into your stomach. You gasp, and see stars dance in your vision. A sudden wave of tiredness hits you. You start to lose consciousness before hearing the words, "PATRICK SHEPARD THIS IS THE FBI! DROP YOUR WEAPON AND STEP AWAY FROM THE AGENT RIGHT NOW!" 

"A-Aron?" you quietly call out. "Ah, Agent Hotchner. We were just talking about you. Would you like to tell Y/N here what you did?" the unsub asked, glaring at Aaron while holding the knife up to your neck. "A-Aron what is he talking about?" you gasp out, every breath you take, shorter than the last. "Y/N don't listen to him. He's trying to scare you." Hotch says, pointing his gun at Patrick's head. 

"No, no, no. TELL HER HOW YOU KILLED MY LITTLE BOY!" Patrick roars, tears rolling down his cheeks. "I didn't even get to say goodbye." His voice breaks. "What is he talking about?" you ask, your head pounding and your leg throbbing from the blood loss. "Tell her." Patrick demans. "Or I will slit her pretty little throat opened and watch her bleed out just like you watched my little boy bleed out."

"Y/N," Hotch starts. "A few years ago, we were on a case. It was a serial killer that targeted young boys. Um, the last victim's name was Mark.... Shepard." Hotch says, his eyes glued to Patrick. "What happened?" you softly ask. "W-we were too late." he says, his eyes glistening. "That's a lie." Patrick yells. "Tell her how you watched that killer slit my sons throat and how you watched  him bleed out on the floor." he cries, and holds the knife closer to you. You start to lose feeling in your leg and your head starts spinning.

 "A-Aaron." you start. Hotch looks at you with sympathy. "It's not your fault. You did everything you could to save the little boy." you breathe out, your breaths getting lighter and shorter. "No, no, no, he didn't do enough!" You hear footsteps and see Reid and Prentiss standing next to Hotch, guns pointed at Patrick. "It's over." Emily says, her glock leveled at his crotch. If yk yk. "I don't think so, princess." Patrick exclaims. He raises his knife and right as he's about to drive it into your chest, you hear someone fire 3 bullets. For some reason, hearing the ringing sound of the gun firing sent a wave of relief through your body. 

At this point, your head felt like someone was smashing it with a hammer. Your leg was on fire and your stomach felt like it was being ripped out. "A-Aron I-I can't breathe." you manage to say in between large breaths. "It's ok, Y/N you're so strong." he softly says as he kneels beside you. "I-I just want to go to sleep, can I rest for a while?" you ask, looking up at him. "No, you have to hold on a little longer. Please, you're all I have left" he pleads, running his fingers through your hair. 

"Agent down, we need an ambulance. I repeat agent down!" Emily yells into her ear piece. Reid and her run to your side. "Oh my gosh, Y/N." Emily says in between gasps. "Y-you're going to be okay, just hold on." Reid says, a small tear running down the side of his face. "Hurry up! We need a medic in here!" Hotch yells. Morgan, JJ, and Rossi storm into the room and collapse next to their fallen team mate. "I-I'm just going to rest for a few minutes." you say. "No, no Y/N please!" Hotch says as he watches you drift off. Memories of your team start rushing through your brain. 

You start to remember all the times you and your team had; laughing on the jet or just fooling around during work. You realize that they're not only friends, but they're your family. A small tear runs down your cheek by the thought of you leaving them. "Let me go. It's okay." you mumble as you look into Aaron's sad eyes. The last thing you remember are the faces of your distraught family before you close your eyes and take you last breaths.

(Author's Note)

ohh shittt a cliffhanger

i actually really liked this chapter. lowkey gonna write chapter 16 and then im writing an epilogue. 

im literally go grateful to all of yall who have been reading since chapter 1! i love you all so much!